View Single Post
Old 2010.10.13, 03:50 PM   #55
pinwc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadmule View Post
You were first, actually. The KO Propo version came out in early July. If you haven't taken a look at it, you might be surprised at how similar it is to your software.
I just took a look and you are right, the similarities are a little suspicious. Though I can not take that much credit as I used the Kyosho software as a reference myself so there are going to be similarities. But it does look like I motivated Ko Propo to do better

I really wish Ko Propo and Kyosho would take their software more seriously. Computers are integral to parts of our hobby but neither company had been investing in that aspect. I am just 1 person doing this on the side. I started with 0 knowledge of ICS and it only took a days worth of work to build my own adapter, figure out the protocol, all the different car model differences and actually write a functional cross platform program. Hopefully this is a sign that they will be investing more time towards programming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadmule View Post
I don't know who is the "lead horse" is here, whether it's Kyosho or KO Propo, but if they're both using the same default settings, I'd stick with whatever they're doing. I'll post about this in KO Propo's vendor area and see what they have to say about it.
Let us know what you discover. Thanks for the help

Last edited by pinwc4; 2010.10.13 at 03:54 PM.
pinwc4 is offline   Reply With Quote