View Single Post
Old 2013.01.28, 08:29 PM   #1
imxlr8ed

Thumbs up UID Racer Wings, V1 and V2 versions...

I've been working these for a while and I now have them to the level that I desired. I am releasing these two versions, each in their 3 size variations. The numbers 2.9, 2.5 and 2.1 are relative to the widths of the wings in inches. You can just measure the rear of your car's existing wing if you want to know which to buy, or just size it to your own preference.

Here's the renderings I have so far:

This is a lightweight material and it is very tough... the very first time I had my first prototypes in my hands I knew I had to design a racer wing for my shop!

The widest wing I've found on any body in my collection is on the Mazda LM and that is around 3.1" wide. So if you measure up your car, go by the numbers of 2 1/8", 2 1/2" and 3". Measure as many bodies as I have and you will soon see why these three numbers landed where they did!

Once again, feel free to dremel away!... it's your part, make it fit like you want it to! I have retro-fit countless wings to my cars and for me, it's no big deal to grind out the mounting surface to the height and angle of attack that I desire.

I've also tried to keep the mounting locations in an optimum location so they should be able to mount to a vast majority of the bodies that are out there currently.

The new models are already in my shop and ready for sale.

Once again, the Shapeways link to my shop is in my signature below. I am offering them in White and Polished, White and Black, Strong and Flexible. The default material is White and Polished so make sure you have it set to what you want when you order!

I also want to add here that it doesn't take much time with a black Sharpie to get these parts black like stock, I'll leave the black option on there if someone desires the production finish look of the black material.

Be sure to give them a spin in my shop, my renderings don't do them justice!

No fine print here, just the facts!
I am in no way, shape or form responsible for production or shipping or manufacturing quality of these products. All I can say is that it takes around 15 days to show up at my house after I place an order and the quality is top-notch! What I design is what I get. Shapeways has an excellent record of part quality which is one of the major reasons I went with them for this stuff.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)

Last edited by imxlr8ed; 2013.01.28 at 09:04 PM.
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote