View Single Post
Old 2008.06.13, 10:55 PM   #5
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
Quote:
Originally Posted by byteme909 View Post
wow. still seems kind of ridiculous to me to pay that kind of price for a racing body. i guess it makes more sense if you were collecting it.

i'm glad i got my black lambo in my closet then . what other autoscale bodies are in demand?
I tend to think even the black Murceilago is even more rare than the yellow or green ones as it was a limited production version. But what makes something as value and high-priced as that yellow Murceilago, all depends on how many people want the same thing, and how extreamly hard it is to find one that is still in box mint condition. More people will race the yellow or green body as it's easier to see on the track, the black one is more collector's style.
These day's it seems, any really rare AutoScale body IS a collector's item simply cause it is so damn hard to find. Once you have one, you usually don't want to race it and risk damaging such a rarity. Look at the Enzo, it's everywhere and everybody seem's to have one, so they are pretty cheap. At my local club alone, we probably have three to four Enzo's running at once. Either that or the Mclaren.
The Initial D car's used to be considered rare till they were re-released for the MR15 chassis. Most bodies made from "Skynet" are considered rare.
It's only value really is, how much do you want to sell it for, AND, how much are you willing to pay for it? That 160 dollar yellow Murcielago is way to high for just the body, at that price, you might as well buy a ready-set.
marc is offline   Reply With Quote