View Single Post
Old 2005.11.07, 09:04 PM   #25
TNB
Pet Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randel Stevens
i see the mini-z ppl point and i really dont care to speak on xmods behalf, and i belive the point i attemted to make has been made. Just looking at the data the xmods and kyosho new 1/28 RC are in the same class. the fact that one cost 70 dollars and kyoshos will cost 150 and up does not change the fact that for the most part the cars are the same and can compete head to head.

Its just my opion based on data only

randel
Exactly what point is that? Myself, I own numerous Xmods including the Evo Firebird. I also ran someone else's Evo on the RCP Track at the PNWC. And though the Evo is a large improvement over the earlier Xmod--anyone who owns an Xmod KNOWS what kind of a transmitter it uses and is restricted to whether it is the older model or the new Evo. For your information, I have also purchased NEW Kyosho Mini-Z-Overlands at $79.00 each and other NEW Kyosho Mini-Zs for $90-$100. Consequently, a difference of $10 is peanuts in RC. I guess I made my point.

As someone else mentioned, I'd also like to know more about this so-called data--is that the 10mph hour Xmod data? I'd also like to know more about this so-called NATIONAL race. I would have anticipated such a post on one18th about the East Coast Mini Championships, but I can't recall reading about any Radio Shack RCs participating in the event though KYOSHO was there with the Kyosho Mini-Inferno.