View Single Post
Old 2006.05.11, 04:14 PM   #12
sciencemike

Quote:
Are you running the AD board without the "heat insulation sheet" used on the original board?
My sheet, the little grey one, i thought it was for insulation of electrical components. Aka Capacitor wires touching the board.. I had no idea it was for heat. ANyways yes i keep mine attached to the chassis just above the motor.

As for the performance. I have tried many motors in it, and im sticking to a long arm. silver comm, 30 AWG wire and 44 turns, full BB can, Silver/carbon brushes. The fets get warm if the motor is stalled for a couple of seconds, but the crazy thing about this board is its way they stacked the fets.. Yes the board comes standard with 3004's stacked 2x2. Look at the picture, thats the top of the board and the bottom has two fets as well. The reason i believe they did this was i couldnt fit my MA010 under the Atomic VDS body with stacked fets. So if you stack them flat you get better heat dissipation and you can run the atomic body-with a 98mm extension of course. But the fets suck. Plain and simple. I almost burned them out with a 35 turn 2x wrapped motor.

Anyways as for the performance, i love it. Its sooo much quicker response time. Im using my helios EX-10 controller and i set it to the high speed setting. The response time is INSTANT. It makes the regular board seem to respond like an XMOD in comparison. As i have said before im not the best driver, but this will surely help out a lot. This board has no twitch or glitch at all(Thank god for FM). Thats awesome. I even removed the capacitors from the motor to make armature changes easier. Still no glitching EVER!!!! Plus that means more motor power!

The only thing that is a negative for this board is that it seems to need a longer antenna. If you use the same size antenna used for the stock board will make the car behave strangely in some places. Therefore, i doubled the length of the antenna and it works like a charm now..

Unfortunately this board is destined for a different car, and i have to switch it out this weekend ..

Please ask away... Ill be going to MotorFX races tonight so ill let you know how well it works compared to the rest of the field..
sciencemike is offline   Reply With Quote