Thread: New Xmods news!
View Single Post
Old 2005.09.21, 10:58 AM   #69
bolter9
How're YOU doin?

Send a message via Yahoo to bolter9
Here's something I posted on RCuniverse regarding my opinions of what to expect with the new xmod...

Ok I'm going to post what's bound to be a controversial opinion- and it's not intended as a flame, so take it easy. First, let me say that my xmod experience is limited to owning 2 xmods (one stock, one hopped up including tight turns kit). I also own 7 mini Zs, an Iwaver 02, and have spent time around 1/18 buggy, 1/8 buggy, nitro truck and planes.

While the new xmod may fix a lot of basic problems with the old one, I don't think we're going to see a new class of car simply because RS's business plan has never been to produce hobby-class RC products. Now I don't claim to have the inside track on RS's intentions, but it's obvious when you consider RS's price point and target audience accross their entire RC line- these products are not in the same class (and aren't intended to be) as hobby-class RC. If they were then RS would at a minimum, include higher-grade, industry-compatible electronics in their products. (i.e. even mini z and iwaver will run on my Airtronics M11). There are a lot of people on this board who know much more then I do about the specifics of RC electronics, but this much is obvious: If you don't have good electronics, then you're not competing in the same class as RC products that do.

I'm not here to diss xmods- they play an important role in the general RC hobby... and they're a blast to upgrade and rip around with- but they are in their own class, and unless RS changes their business plan, then I don't expect anything different from the new xmods.

My Gallery
bolter9 is offline   Reply With Quote