View Single Post
Old 2011.02.01, 07:18 PM   #4
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
You want to discharge to the same point each time... Light bulb dischargers do the job, but dont have the consistancy of voltage cutoff. You may discharge too much... You also want to discharge each cell individually rather than as a pack in series... this way each cell is discharged to the same point, so you can more easily see how much capacity each cell has when you charge them up in a charger like the Maha MH-C9000 or LaCrosse BC-900 (or even any hobby grade peak charger that charges battery packs).

I recently got a Much More CTX-D2 to discharge/match cells... and I am really liking it. It has a 3A linear discharge, which is pretty aggressive, but I feel that it weeds out the weak cells better and increases the power of the cell despite the fact that the aggressive discharge is reducing the overall life and runtime of the cells. I look at my AAA's as racing fuel. Use em up, and then replace them after a few months. No need to baby them, as they will lose power/speed anyway even if you do.