View Single Post
Old 2009.06.18, 12:01 PM   #1
ianc

Ball socket steering linkage conversion

Hi folks,

I'm getting to the point where I'm ready to start adding electronics and get the steering working in my MRCG1.1, but the included nylon tube is just not doing it for me. It's too big for the tie rod horn and would bind, and I just don't like the idea of using a flexible piece for the steering linkage (albeit it may provide some protection for the servo in a crash...). I've thought about trying to source some small length of metal bar or tubing of the correct diameter, but would really rather use a ball socket linkage as I've seen others doing here.

I've read that Brian has fabricated a small adapter piece from CF that's available here in the shop, but I'm interested in getting specifics of the parts others have used to make this work so I can order them.

Unlike the rest of you old timers, I don't have bits from 75 different RC cars laying around, just Mini-Z's, so my spares bin is a bit limited in this regard.

Can anyone give me a list of the necessary parts and part #'s they used and how well you think it's working? Pics would be nice as well...

Thanks for the help everyone; I really hope to get this one on the road soon, then spend the next couple of months getting it sorted...

ianc
ianc is offline   Reply With Quote