Thread: UK Racers!
View Single Post
Old 2002.01.16, 03:58 AM   #10
Mondo
Mini-Zedologist - Fear me

Talking There's life out there...

Right guys, this could well work...

Please leave me a message via the Mini-ZRacer.com forums.
Click on my handle/nick: Mondo and leave me your e-mail addresses.

Once I've got your email addresses, I'll send a mial just outlining my ideas.
Racenights would probably be weekend racedays at some decently surfaced parking lot.

Personaly, I would be prepared to travel to race and I feel that others would too.

other ideas I am working on are:

Naming the UK based club and possible affiliation with Mini-ZRacer.com. A logo would also have to be designed.
Should enough interest be generated, I'd be prepared to put up a website at a later stage.

Forming class categories, like Stock, Pro-Stock, Modified and Super Modified. A drag racing class could also be included.

Finding RC tracks and clubs that can facilitate Mini-Z's and would co-operate in allowing us to use their facilities.

Arranging the use of shopping mall car parks for race meetings.

Selection of the best UK based hobby stores to deal with in the UK and possibly arranging 'club discounts' on spares and hop-ups

Notifying the better UK based hobby stores about the club so they can notify existing and new Mini-Z owners, thus resulting in the gradual growth of the club

Newsletters and correspondence with other international Mini-Z clubs.

The bottom line is, it's got to start somewhere and sometime. Here and now is a great start!

As for the logistics of the club, I will take care of that, unless it snowballs into something bigger, then I'd need other club members' assistance.

So, who's keen to be founding members?

Message me guys!!!!

Mondo