View Single Post
Old 2019.05.08, 01:11 AM   #21
mugler

Sounds like retaining CCW in the would be future open class is unanimous..that being said conversation shifts to asking all clubs and drivers be it in the slower or faster class to please run the CCW direction as well so the accumulation of points doesn't get jacked up...i don't think there's any desire to force this but just to say not having all drivers run CCW as well ( specially fastest 10-20) dulls down the meaningfulness of the overall rankings which is suppose to be the main prize at the end of the season.

If the sorting of data on NLT could be implemented in ways which has been suggested then it would definitely add another dimension to the meaning of results but as Art suggested ( I think ) that can also be done just by looking at results of both classes after each round for comparison and amusement.

Couple of words about running CCW . Firstly it's like running 2 completely different layouts on the same day so if anything its double the fun in that way. 2ndly even though everyone is doing less laps running CCW it's still within same gaps with others as in CW so no shame in that which I can think of. not really sold on the CCW direction driving messing up the CW driving skill set theories either, I feel if anything its the opposite but maybe running one direction only opens up more time for multiple runs in the same direction be it for practice or for submission for which i'm making suggestions regarding rules in the next paragraph. The issue with CCW being slower is the location of the motor on the pod which has CW racing in mind but that's in all scales of pan cars which our scale has copied off of however when everyone runs CCW then that factor is the same for all. We've run CCW at every race this year at Malibu Mini-Z and feel it made it better than just running CW.

I think rules #9 & #10 under "GETTING STARTED " banner on NLT's manual page need to be re-considered given that most of it is not that practical and likely not being practiced even at this time & certainly not by all.

My suggestion is in all scenarios below as long as there are 3 cars on the track allow each club at their own discretion to:

1) allow slow and faster class drivers in the same race in any combination as long as there are 3 on track. (will apply to the future multi class season)
2) Race as many runs either on the same or multiple race days per month for any number of drivers who show up on that given day(s) (again a minimum of 3 drivers to be present)
3) allow each driver to to pick their best result for that month for submission from any of his/her runs which were ran by the club as a race.

Last edited by mugler; 2019.05.08 at 01:16 AM.
mugler is offline   Reply With Quote