View Single Post
Old 2010.09.17, 01:25 PM   #3
hrdrvr
MBMZR

What I would like to say is this, I will work my hardest to put the classes down on paper well in advance of the next race. We should have time to discuss said classes and a way to decide them at the next race.

As far as what classes we choose, saying we chose pan cars for diversity is a bunch of crap, lol. We run them things all the time. I did however run an LM class at the last race (and allowed them in the super stock class at the first race) to cater to you guys (since y'all all have them and run them weekly). I did throw the curve ball out there to make them mod this time, but hey, it is competition. The home team should have some what of an advantage, and this year, picking the classes was one of those advantages. There has been some negative talk about who picked what classes and why, and I think this randomized choice of classes is a great way to solve it.

EMU's suggestion is my favorite because the popular classes get a better chance at being run, but it is still not decided by one person, and doesn't really have any group in mind when it gets pulled out of the hat. If anything your guys will decide the classes at our place (as y'all have more people participate/vote at HS than we do), and we will have as many or more votes in the box for the event held at your place (because the drawing would take place at our track, with all of our locals). I couldn't have come up with something so perfect, but I love it

As far as classes, there are actually 10, but we have only tapped into about half of them so far. A couple of them are AWD classes, and will not likely get much support from our groups at this time, but they are there....looming in the background

Each host will have the ability to add non-points special classes at any given time. We ran four classes at the first race, and I think we had time to do another at the last race...especially if it was shortened, or didn't have many participants. It is important to keep the points paying classes more typical, as we want every one to have a chance at their best score.

Ive got some ideas about scoring too, but lets cover one subject at a time for now

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote