View Single Post
Old 2002.10.11, 12:47 PM   #6
pkh
Mini-Z Pro

Mondo,

I was planning to get to 7.2V by adding two of extra AA bat holders to string together 6 AA cells! Total cost: $8 ($2 for the batt holders and $6 for another pair of AA NiMH batts). This will give me 7.2V @ 1700mAh, 50% more capacity than the Team Orion batt pack, and much less $$! Also, I can use my AA charger, and don't have to shell out $$ for a multi cell batt pack charger. Granted, I'll have more weight with this option, but I think the $$ saved and extra run time will be worth it to me. Plus, if I add in these extra cells in via another battery connector, I can drop back down to 4 cells easily to run indoors by swapping the battery connections and popping the 2 extra AAs out of their holders (reduce the weight if they're not used).

Thunderer,

There are actually 3 different RTR kits for the Micro RS4: BMW M3 (mine), Corvette C5, and the Nissan Skyline. Pro-Line has a Lexan Ferrari 360 Modena body I'm thinking of getting. I really like the look of my Mini-Z Modena body, and after seeing the quality of the Micro RS4 RTR pre-painted body, I figure even with my poor hobby/painting skills, I can produce a painted body just as good!

Scott,

OK, you've got me there, now I don't feel so bad about my ESC reversing problems! Actually, after having run this some more around the house, I can see that the braking function will be a very nice feature to have when I can finally run this thing outside! It's just a pain inside my house!

Regards,

Paul
pkh is offline   Reply With Quote