View Single Post
Old 2007.04.01, 01:13 PM   #1
Aurora

Help on Ausmicro spider board

Hi,

In my quest for building a nifty monster, recently I have gotten two spider from Ausmicro to upgrade my monster(and possibly my Awd if the mzm works out).

Without knowing how to spiderfy my AD band board(wrote to Ausmicro and posted here, but so far no news), I brought back my old monster stock board and follow the instruction of the spider installaiton.

What frustried me most is the spider board instruction said the red/black jacketed wires are the power lines, but there are 2 sets of them onboard. And there is no other wiring instruction on Ausmicro site.

And finally, from the nelly website, I found the 2-way wiring config and tried installing spider based on it. But upon installation, virtually a poof of white smoke come out as soon as I turn on the power...and after that, even I turned off the power swith on my battery box, the motor keep going until I disconnect.

Now, I have checked the connection with a multimeter and make sure there is no short between pads and wires beforehand, all wires are connected correctly and I am more than 100% sure there is no misconnecting power lines either(since I use an external source and check those wires with multimeter to double check polarity).

What I'd like to know are:

1) Is my spider board dead? What went wrong?

2) Does anyone know exactly which two wires are the power lines/motor lines on spider? Ausmicro provides no instruction....

3) Anyone has any idea at all how this spider board could work with an AD band board? I use multimeter to figure out the top two fet seems to be stacking each other in pair, and the bottom two are stacked in pair.

Thank you in advance!
Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote