View Single Post
Old 2005.09.13, 12:04 PM   #6
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Quote:
Originally Posted by michvin
I figured out the trick with trim already. also setting throttle exponential to ~+30% helps a great deal. what remains is to see how it works on track. Any ideas would be appreciated, thanx.
Magic was talking about throttle movement that is wasted on high revs. After some point there's no increase in speed. Do you remember what was the number (% of throttle)?
With the 2PL, when I set my CH2+ endpoint at 65% I get full use of the throttle, without any waste in travel. So basically, 65% is 100% for me. Some cars are a little more, some are a little less but all around 60-70%. Depending on the motor I am using, sometimes I run with less, 55% with the Atomic Motor and 9t pinion on my Enzo was a sweet spot. I still had about the same accel as everyone else, but had a little higher top speed. When I had it set to 65% with that setup, I would tend to go too fast into the corners, and heat my tires too much (and my batteries would dump faster).

As you know, the 2PL has no exponential, so I would like to know how the exponential adjustment reacts at the track.
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote