View Single Post
Old 2011.12.26, 02:00 PM   #8
zround

Send a message via Skype™ to zround
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBrainer View Post
Oh... found another one...

"Practice" and "Duration".
You should be able to run a "practice" without any "duration".
Like now, I had time set for 5 min and it just stops without telling me.
But I would like the possibility to "remove" Duration, so that I can practice all night without thinking about the timer. Just to see if my laps getting better or closer to each other.

I like the idea of a ex. 10 min practice if I'm going to have a championship. But if I'm going to just run all night. It would be better for me to just start "practice" and forget about it.
Then I could see if I'm beating my old record or not.
This is good if I want to check if my setup changes for my car is better or worse.

EDIT: after 132 laps an no miss reading, I'm happy with this one.
Now I need to test it with multiple cars on the track
I use "Staggered" mode for free trainings so when the training session is limited in time (5min in your setup) a new session is created after every 5minutes. I like to use time limited session to know how good should I run in heat or main. You can review all your training sessions in details by using ZViewer and loading the datafile saved into the "Entrenamientos" folder.

If you use "Le mans" mode on trainings, the clock will stop when the race duration goes and you will need to start again the practice.

The system save your personal best own lap and warn you if you beat it (different beep and/or text announced can be configured). Also it warns you about the time left on your training session, the estimation laps/time you will do and the finish of the session and what results you achieved. I love the feature and it allows me to compare different training session and different setups but if you prefer to not limit the practice time it is your way and you can do it. It depends on you and not on the software, just set practice time to 0 as LED said.

Moreover, you can setup a different training session time for each racer. You can do it by editing the "training time" into the racer's properties form. People can run in unlimited training session and I can run on X min rounds if I want.

There are other possibilities as reset the training session by stopping the car under the bridge for 5seconds. But it is not of your interest if you want unlimitted training time.

In the next release, all training results are also saved on the database and can be viewed in ZRound itself.

On the other hand, you can control the "warm up" time on championship races to setup the time the racers have before start the race. You must do it into the "trainings" page when configuring the race. Also you must define if you want "Le mans" or "Staggered" start mode on trainings. I like "Le Mans" mode for trainings.
When you start the training (warm up) before the race, the race setup in the championship manager is mandatory (you don't need to modify your default setup for free trainings). If you want unlimited warm up time (you must control the time yourself) you can left the training time to 0.

Regarding the training features you miss, suggestions are welcome. All the current features are available thanks to the people's suggestions and my own needs. I really think it should cover all your needs without changes but the results by layout mentioned. But, as I said, please let me know what you need to see if it can be implemented.

Finally, if you change your lapcounter you must go to the configuration page to activate the one used. If I receive new requests to include in the mainform a new button/shortcut to allow changing the lapcounter hardware I will consider to include it. For the meantime, you must continue going to the setup page to activate the right one. As you said, you don't need to change any setting, only click on the "activate" check.

Jesús Broceño
http://www.zround.com

PS: LED is right, I'm too lazy to implement the results by layout feature suggested by him 1.5 year ago but better late than never

Last edited by zround; 2011.12.26 at 02:05 PM.
zround is offline   Reply With Quote