View Single Post
Old 2017.11.09, 03:29 PM   #4
SuperFly
bitPimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimerXIV View Post
Thanks for the feedback SuperFly,

By Freshly Cleaned Gym Floor, I assume you're talking about something like EVA tiles, and not a gymnasium? I see there are a number of tutorials for building your own track, but I'm curious if you've got any pointers or links you've favorited, that could help a newb like me analyze my options, if I'm not sure I want to go all in on the RCP track?

Thanks,
mortimerXIV
No, I literally meant a clean gym floor. I got into Mini-z via X-mods, and our first attempt at racing was on a freshly mopped office floor, and an elementary school gym. Racing around paint cans. Even with the floor as clean as we could get it, and using the softest available tires, there was still a lot of sliding and spinning. It wasn't until we got an RCP track that you could actually tune the car and have predictable results.

I'm probably not the best person to answer your questions, but no one had replied for a day, so I thought I'd add what I could. I don't have any experience with AWD, or other prepared racing surfaces than RCP.

I'll just say this: an AWD will probably be more forgiving on a variety of surfaces, and much easier if drifting is something you're interested in. However, a RWD will probably be faster on a track, all else being equal.

If you're brand new to the scale it might be a bit daunting, but Atomic also makes a really nice looking belt drive AWD car that is priced competitively, but requires a little more knowledge of assembly and electronics. I don't think it comes as a RTR set.

mini-z gallery

PDX Mini-Z

Last edited by SuperFly; 2017.11.09 at 03:55 PM.
SuperFly is offline   Reply With Quote