View Single Post
Old 2009.12.07, 04:23 PM   #3
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
My bro has Dirt2 for Xbox360. I use the steering wheel rather than the controller. It makes it a little more difficult, but at the same time, I feel I have more control. In the time that I was playing that game, I noticed an increase in my Mini-Z driving. I was focusing on scrubbing less in the corners and my throttle control got better as well.

I primarily run the time trials. Racing online is a little agrivating with many drivers that just want to ram you into a wall to get a pass eventhough you passed them clean. I dont know where the rank is now, but in many of the TT leaderboards I was in the top 25, and a few in the top 5. I was ranked #1 in one event, but havent played in about a month or so. I found that with most of the tuning of the cars, there wasnt much of a change in how the car performed, although there was a big change in how it felt. After adjusting my driving to the new setup, I was able to get relatively the same laptime.

I stopped playing because I got my own 360, and have been playing COD Modern Warfare 2... I have to get Dirt2 and a wheel, so I can battle with my bro. I played a little Forza 3 with the controller, and I just dont like the feel of controlling it with the stick. I wish that a company would make a RC transmitter like controller for the consoles, that had buttons for shifting that were easy to access... I dont think it would be too difficult, and it would be much cheaper/easier than getting a racing wheel.

I agree that McRae 04 and 05 were really great games. I would LAN party with some of my friends and play that game, battles were really close nomatter what car you chose. You just had to drive them differently. I loved the P206.

NFS Shift is horrible with a racing wheel, the game feels like it was designed for a controller. Which is very disappointing.

Last edited by EMU; 2009.12.07 at 04:25 PM.
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote