View Single Post
Old 2005.09.21, 11:04 PM   #1
46u

Personal lap timer counter CHEAP!

Have you ever whished you had a lap counter timer for personal use? Lets say you want to go to your local track on days when there is not any races and the equipment for counting laps or lap time is not available? You want to do some testing and tuning but have no way to see if you are actually improving your times? Or like in my case where I have my Mini-Z’s with a nice RCP track and no one to run with so I wanted a clock to run against with out spending a wad of money for a lap timer counter!

So I bought a MicroSizers digital lap counter (Radio Shack makes one to for Zip Zaps) and timer that are available from Towers or off ebay for under $5. The only problem is the control unit and sensor platform have to be no more then 8 inches apart which is to narrow even for Mini-Z’s much less 1/10 and larger. KEEP READING! So I go on the net looking for other solutions and came across this web page where I can use my $4 lap counter and timer with some modifications and when it is all said and done you can have a personal lab counter and timer for $20 to $35!
http://www.snipx.com/comersus/store/fun_cheaptimer.asp