View Single Post
Old 2017.12.05, 05:36 PM   #1
mortimerXIV

So I got a Mini Z, now what?

Hey all,

I recently got a mini z MR-03S2. Excited to try it out, I put it on my tiled floor (where I had space), and the thing spun out of control. After about 30 minutes of spinning and spinning (and spinning), I put it on a foam pad, and it had good traction! New batteries, bad traction. I've since acquired a large amount of foam tiles to build a poor-mans RCP track, but I'm still having some issues, and was hoping for some advice!

1. If I pull the throttle down all the way, the car will inevitably spin out of control, even if I'm just going straight. No degree of trim finesse seems to fix this. I've got the stock rubber tires on a foam track - is that bad? Should I get new tires? Would a gyro help my car go straight?

2. Braking. Always guarantees my car doing a ~ 180-degree spin. If you brake while steering straight, the car sometimes spins clockwise, sometimes counter clockwise, but it always spins. Which begs the question - do people actually ever use the brake when racing? What do I need to do, to be able to brake on a straight away and not spin out (or brake while turning and not spin out)? Do people mix and match different drive tires and steering tires to manage this?

3. What else have people done to build rcp-like tracks? I've basically gotten a bunch of these https://www.harborfreight.com/4-piec...set-94635.html, and can use the edges to build an outer barrier, but I'm curious to hear what other DIY-ers have done to build a configurable / customizable interior walls, that are easy to reconfigure, but are sturdy when they're crashed in to?

Cheers,
mortimerXIV
mortimerXIV is offline   Reply With Quote