View Single Post
Old 2013.05.23, 01:03 PM   #1
TheStig
Addicted to RC and Racing

Entity Relationship Diagram for DB?

Hey guys,

There may be a way to generate this from RealStudio (do you use a free IDE by the way?) but I've not found it yet.

I'm adding "Car Setup Sheets" to the program as I use the software a lot in my basement (great work by the way). This will allow me not only to track the car setup but also to see the statistical differences in times through each setup.

I've already added a page and starting to look at the back end code (took me an hour or so to get used to RealBasic!). I've started to look at the DB relationships but wondered if anyone had a diagram (sketch or other) to short cut this. For example. I've already seen that the summary_table is a junction table creating the many to many relationship between racer_table and race_table (using the event_id and racer_id).

Any other info would be great. I'll probably end up creating a new table called car_setup_table and use another joining table to link to the race_table. Any info would be handy though.

It's been a few years since I looked into db relationships but it's all starting to come back

Cheers,

Adam
TheStig is offline   Reply With Quote