View Single Post
Old 2019.01.24, 10:56 PM   #2
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Are you running oval or road course? If oval, stick with the Nascar mount. Having the spur of the differential on the left side will outweigh the negatives. It will make the left turns MUCH smoother, and allow you to carry more speed in and off the corner without diffing out.

If road coarse, swap to the MR2289. I have one set to 106mm with an LM damper, no modification needed for this wheelbase since there are two damper post mounting positions on the carbon deck. This is still one of my favorite mounts for 98-102mm wheelbases due to its versatility, gearing capacity, LCG, and reliability. The newer mounts with adjustable axle carriers for wheelbase adjustment look nice, but I prefer to keep things as simple as possible, and with fewer points of failure this is the mount that I prefer.

There is also no flex in the carbon deck, which cannot be said for the single sided damper arm mounts. The negative is that there is no height adjustment for damper post mounting, and easy preload adjustment, but with proper shims, this can be done in a very precise and secure manner. Just not on the fly like other mounts.

As you can see, there are positives and negatives, but I feel that overall, this is still the best 98mm mount despite being a decade old.