View Single Post
Old 2011.09.21, 10:51 AM   #4
hrdrvr
MBMZR

10177 N Kings Hwy
Myrtle Beach, SC 29572

If you come around to the back of the mall, our back entrance is on the sidewalk leading into the theater (from the south side). If you come in the entrance at the theater, come into the mall, then turn right. We are the second store, just passed Victoria's Secret. If you come in the entrance just south of there (usually the best for parking), you come in and turn left, and we are the third store, just passed Bath and Body Works.

Here are slightly better directions, with a map
Quote:
If you look at this map (it's hard to read) we are in number 70.

It's in the green section, in the middle of the middle section. If you come in by the theater (Carmike 12), you turn right, and we are on the right. If you come in the entrance just south (left on the mall map), you come in and turn left, and we are on the left. As early as most of us are going to be showing up, the prime parking spots will be available. The entrance next to the theater is closer for those parking in handicap spots, otherwise, they are equal. The bottom of this map faces the main highway (17), so you need to come around the back of the mall to get to those doors. I usually come in around the Bass Pro end, as it will be bring you right to the doors I recommend coming into.

HOTELS:
As you know, Myrtle Beach is full of 'em There are a number of hotels on the beach, and we are very centrally located between Myrtle and N Myrtle. Any hotel you chose won't be too far. I will give links to a few that look like good choices to me. I don't stay in hotels too often at the beach so my experience is limited.

The Fairfield Inn
is the absolute closest hotel, and is less than a quarter of a mile away. A double room is $70 from expedia right now.

There is a Courtyard by Marriott at Barefoot Landing, which is right down the road, and is a shopping and restaurant mecca for those bringing family along. They are $80 on expedia for a double.

If you don't mind a 10-15 minute drive to the track, you can find numerous hotels at the beach for under $50. One example is the Boardwalk Beach Resort, which is running $40 for a double for Friday night, through expedia of course.

I found these with just a few minutes of searching. You can always plug the address in to check proximity, and if you are viewing a map, the mall is at the intersection of Hwy 22 and 17. It's pretty easy to spot, to make a judgement on distance.

Feel free to make any recommendations you know, or ask me any more questions you might have. Look forward to seeing every one in a month!

LET's Go Racing!

Last edited by hrdrvr; 2011.10.16 at 11:20 AM.
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote