View Single Post
Old 2018.07.07, 01:34 AM   #5
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
The circuit pack consists of a carbon and frp t-plate, bearings, kyosho tires (30f/20r), and two option front springs (red and purple). It's a kyosho package, first time that I have seen it. They have stock at the track. I personally would prefer to either open the rules ti any kyosho front spring which would then include the circuit pack contents without excluding other springs, or keep the stock front springs only. I don't have a circuit pack, and intend to run my car how I ran it in Maryland.

Table and chairs is a good idea if you have it handy. They have space for around 15 in the upstairs pit area. Since Tommy is local to the track , he will contact the owner and fill us in about pit space availability and whether we need extensions and power strips. We will definitelyneed more space than what was available when I was there. I will send him a message to make sure he gets on top of it.

The f-book site lists the entry fee as $10 per car, there will be trophies for ABC, 123. Possibly TQ, and hot lap as well.

When discussing the class structure, we felt that Remnant had a great base, and didn't want to change the classes too much from what you guys normally run. Gearing is limited in spec classes to either protect the motor in kyosho stock, or protect the sports electronics in 70 comp.

I have consulted Grant from PN, and he recommends that the brushless 3500kv motor be geared one tooth higher on pinion than the 70t. Being a big track, where we will ride the rpm limit, we want to try to keep the speed as close as we can. The balance of power may not be perfect going into the first race, not I would prefer to err on the side of caution and not give brushless an advantage out of the gate.

Arch, I would love to have an East Coast series... racing in the Carolina Cup series was one of the highlights of my mini-z racing career, despite the fact that I typically had only one or two teammates at the events. We could tally points of the top 5 finishers from each club in each of the classes towards a championship.

The owner has a lot of ambition, but no experience with mini-z racing, we are trying to guide him in the right direction as best we can. I have never run an event myself, so this is a new experience for myself, Tommy and Shafiq.

I hope you guys can make it, that track is a lot of fun to drive.