View Single Post
Old 2005.05.23, 01:20 PM   #10
CristianTabush

I understand what you say of the free hand rule... The only thing is it is like a law contract. It has its ifs, ands and buts... 100% modifications, within the rules specified. You see an aftermarket chassis as a hop up. I see it as a different car. Most people involved in RC would agree if they just saw a 1/12th scale pan car. Most of them have an Associated front end (I'd say about 75%-when I USED to race 12th scale), associated diff and shocks. The cars were no longer 12L3's (or 4 now), they were a carpet knife a Yokomo, etc... What people considered to be the associated part of the car was the rear end and THE MAIN CHASSIS. The difference may have been just the way the slots for the battery were cut out (yokomo), but the car was no longer an associated car. This is perhaps why in RC, when they ask for brand, they don't ask about car- that is too open to interpret, they ask about chassis. Again, PN mini Z cup is just that- a cup, a spec class where you are trying to eliminate a lot of the variables of cars and motors and try to bring out the driving skills and mechanic skills each individual posseses- within a very limited spectrum. Push the boundaries- OF COURSE! but not stepping into that grey area (like BAR recently in F1). Aside from that, enter your car, attach a sail to the roof of your car - as long as it is on a kyosho body and that body is resting on a MR01, 1.5 or 02 chassis. That chassis may have been milled out to the max and re ballasted and put on corner scales to reach the min weight. As long as the chassis is manufactured by Kyosho. By the way remember to run rubber tires, with NOTHING on it. No cleaning agents, no oils, no anything, (alright maybe some H2O).
http://www.reflexracing net
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote