View Single Post
Old 2018.01.11, 01:45 PM   #2
TeeSquared
Redline

I have some experience with the road-going NSX body and the GT86 body. I liked both but I ran them only on rear motor MR-03 chassis so I can't comment on how they would do on an AWD.

What I liked about the GT86 is that it is like the modern race bodies (R8, 12C, 458) in that the plastic is thinner and there is much more space under the body so nothing rubs. Even with fully compressed suspension there is no rubbing, while the NSX does tend to rub a little. The NSX handled very well on the MR-03 (looks good too) but its so low that clearance could be an issue. If you ran low profile front tires and didn't try to lower the body with shims or remounting the side clips than it will probably fit okay.

At our club, one member runs an AWD chassis in the narrow 90 mm configuration with a DS3 body and it does very well. I think he runs the Eco Blue motor and the car is very competitive with other 50T/5500KV cars. He also runs the old 911 GT3 from time to time and that body also fits and seems to handle well.

I can also tell you that the R35 (GT-R) body handles well on the MA-020 chassis and really looks the part too. It's not ultra competitive in mod class or anything but with 50T/5500 KV cars it certainly holds its own. Also like this body for no tire rub when suspension is fully compressed. I would say that is one of the most important factors when choosing an AWD body.
TeeSquared is offline   Reply With Quote