View Single Post
Old 2019.03.25, 02:52 PM   #4
art4242

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyz View Post
I had got two of the older ILR Wide L tracks that were in storage. They were very slick(smooth side) at first, but with a good routine of warm water and a couple capfulls of SimpleGreen per gallon with a damp mop or rag, and then vacuuming had created great traction (although just running 3500kv & 70t so far). So cleaning sounds somewhat similar to what you're doing. I also do lay down tarps to keep the dust down and create a little vapor barrier from the concrete. I'd try putting a tarp or low pile carpet under a section of track and test to see if you are able to notice a difference in traction. A couple times when a little sun gets on the track at the end of the straight away later in the day, cars will suddenly start to traction roll at that corner, until we put in a sun block to create some shade. All that to say heat and cold defiantly effect grip levels in my experience. I'll be interested to see how our track runs in the hotter summer months when it gets into the high 80s-90s.

Thanks, great suggestions. Binh had mentioned you had cleaned tiles similarly with good results. It's good to know that the same batch of old ILR tiles are working elsewhere so probably not an issue with the tiles themselves.

Putting a tarp or carpet sounds like a good thing to try.
art4242 is offline   Reply With Quote