View Single Post
Old 2004.01.03, 10:05 AM   #5
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
latency,
glad to make you happy

opps, the dirty motor pod was mine doing i had to replace the one it came with (inthe parts bag i sent). you can see it was busted pretty bad.

great review too! oh, the lowdown shocks are great for racing overland's. other than that, they kill any offroading ability.

while the chassis was in a healthy used state when i got it, it was exactly as described by the previous owner, so there wasn't any disappointment. it took some ingenuity and a few parts from my bin to get it back in running order and i', really happy latency is happy with it. i hope i've brought another member into the overland world of addiction

sorry about the paint on the gpm wides, they were from an older project and collecting dust so i though you could give them new life. plus you said you like fixer uper's. as soon as you posted your rack crawling track, i new i had to send you a set of the swampers too the added ride height will come in handy.
please post any instructions regarding any mods required to get the swampers to operate freely with the x5 body as i have yet to run that combination. i can start by telling you to shave the knobs off the side of the battery compartment in the front wheel wells and slope that surface there toward the bottom and outside. this helped alot in my land cruiser setup and causes do detrimental harm to the chassis. simple cosmetic filing down really.

i look forward to seeing race reviews and your track pics/experiences

btw, i'll be getting an rcp wide l track very soon for f1! (and the other's) i had to explain to the misses that the f1 required super smooth racing surface, hehe. the offroad tile pack is just for fun!
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote