View Single Post
Old 2016.02.21, 09:39 AM   #5
Sinister_Y

So, we've finally had some time to test the marka v6 20 and 25 degrees front tires. Unfortunately we have mixed results :

First impressions from our best and fastest racer (he normally out classes the field by 3-5 laps) in a 10 Min main race:

The marka 20 fronts are too soft. They have too much grip and just traction roll. They also broke apart when I tried to true them to 22mm.

The marka 25 fronts have more grip on high speed turns compared to the PN mediums. But they have less low grip steering than the PN mediums. It might just be setup that caused this. They are better suited to a slower class. On my home track the marka 25's did a 4.98 and the PN mediums did a 5.06 so not much difference. I think they will be difficult for most guys to tune.

Whereas another of our a main guys loved the marka 25s. He did not true them whatsoever. He said they gave high grip immediately but after warming up they pushed more than the pn medium fronts.

We will keep you posted with more testing results. For now, I'd say go with marka v1 10 deg rears and pn medium fronts (ks1038) tried down to 22-22.5 mm for a medium grip smooth sided rcp track.
Sinister_Y is offline   Reply With Quote