View Single Post
Old 2018.02.15, 03:21 PM   #5
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
With the routes that Kyosho has been taking with thme electronics, switching bands and requiring a different transmitter for some, there is no single transmitter that can operate ASF, MHS and FHS (I hope I got all of the acronyms correct). This becomes a barrier of entry for anyone that currently races other scales and might think about racing in this scale. The Kyosho electronics are confusing to newcomers, and require greater investment by larger scale racers looking to build a car to race. Requiring a new radio just for a mini-z.

The mini-z has been a great platform for racing, and great for hop up manufacturers due to its modularity. As racers we can use one companies front end, with another's rear... with the introduction of manufacturer chassis, we will lose some of that cross compatibility.

In general, I think we are looking more towards a move towards 1/28 scale racing... but the fundamentals of the class structures need to be laid out. Maybe this is discussion for a different thread?

On a side note, it looks like much of this scale conversation has gone the way of social media, with little to no paper trail on the information shared... the beauty of a forum is its searchability. I have been off ant form of social media for years.