View Single Post
Old 2006.04.09, 01:17 PM   #4
SteveR1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINIz guy11
well if you want slow and durable, the mini inferno is your best bet. you can get long run times by going slow or getting better batteries.

LOL - these two guys - maestro and MiniZ - have been watching my videos and hearing about my bashing. I agree with Maestro and only somewhat with MiniZ.

The MZMs (mini-z monsters) are AWFUL offroad outdoors. Very low clearance and 2WD makes them not easily controlled. And stock - very very slow offroad. BTW - they are not very durable indoors. I will continue to support what I have and then look for something else for indoors in the long run. Although the MZMs are very fun. Expect to invest as much in one for upgrades/fixes as in the purchase price if you are hard on them.

Now for the Mini Inferno ST (MIST), that's all we play with outdoors. Unbelievably durable. Are they slow stock? Yes if absolute speed is what you want. But their slow offroad is faster than a stock MZM onroad. My 6 year old does great and I don't mind (prefer) the AAs. Probably topping out at 13 mph on hard pack and 11 mph on short grass. Plenty fast enough for launching off of portable plastic skate board ramps. We clear 3' gaps no prob on dirt and if we don't use a landing ramp, the touch down point is 5-6' out. We go farther by putting the launch ramp on a dirt hill on the down side. Often 8' of air. People I know get a lot more speed with the NiMH packs available/upgraded motors. BTW - upgrading these for a motor ($9), batt packs ($25) is not pricey if you go aftermarket and avoid Kyosho.

I have posted some videos here:

Suspension Travel (215 Kb)

MIST Minute (13.4 MB)

MIST Bashing (6.3 MB)

I tightened the slipper clutch and picked up at least another mph over what you see in these.

Last edited by SteveR1960; 2006.04.09 at 01:28 PM.
SteveR1960 is offline   Reply With Quote