View Single Post
Old 2010.12.02, 08:19 AM   #40
hrdrvr
MBMZR

EMU - I must have missed the thing about gluing the lower clips on. To be honest, without this happening to me, I probably wouldn't have put glue on there even with some one recommending it. I figured as hard as they were to put on, that they wouldn't come off, lol.

I think my clearance is pretty good. I didn't think it could even get onto one of my dots, especially with fairly narrow offsets (+1). Take a look at the pic below and tell me what you think. I could raise the ride height about a millimeter if this is a problem, but since I am running a taller body, I was shooting for a pretty low stance. I can always lower the body more in the front if I need to compensate.

Don't get me wrong guys, I think this is a great little set up, and has the potential to be the best suspension available. I wont say my lap times were a lower, but the car feels good, and from what I have talked about with others running it, it is very consistent, even track to track.

I went ahead and put my RR extra long spring over set up back on, and turned some laps with the car. I went down to a 1.117, while I only did a 1.138 with the spring under (very nominal difference). I got down to a 7.017 with different gearing and the spring under, so Ill see if I can break into the 6s with the spring over and similar gearing today. The car feels just as good, as this is the set up I have been running for a while now. The spring under is lighter and lower, which should allow me to run a lot better body selection on it, which makes it totally worth it to me. Also the peace of mind that there is less friction and a lower CG are big selling points to me....even if it doesn't prove to be "faster".

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote