Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.09.06, 05:35 PM   #61
Lionblade
Honor & a shot of sake.

Send a message via AIM to Lionblade Send a message via MSN to Lionblade
Quote:
Originally Posted by michvin
This winning certificate reminds me of something
Magic is doing really well i can see. Nice to hear that. You two started to be hard to get rid of towards the end of HKS already - now i'll need to work to keep up with you guys
I don't know about Magic, but if you're in the B main, you'll have to deal with Eug and ME. We all know I'm a hack.

I'm not being biased, but I think the B main is the most fun to compete in. The biggest range of driver skill (e.g. Eugene to Nick), so it's usually anyone's race. e.g. again, Alex & Rob started ahead of me, and they wound up finishing a good bit behind Eugene and myself.

I've raced in the A main before, and it's a bit too nervewracking. You know that if you screw up 2 times, you've lost. We screw up plenty of times, it gives you a hope that you can win. Not like when Willie or Roland takes the lead after 30 seconds, because they'll be there for the next 6:30.
Lionblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.09.06, 08:32 PM   #62
michvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionblade
Not like when Willie or Roland takes the lead after 30 seconds, because they'll be there for the next 6:30.
oh that i know... been there before many times....
Old 2005.09.06, 09:59 PM   #63
Lionblade
Honor & a shot of sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU
Pics are up here

We are going to start running an MR01 series at ARCMS along with the MR02 and F1 that we currently run. I have prepped my MR01 with a PN ML motormount (98mm wheelbase) McLaren F1. The only thing that it is lacking is a ball diff.
I competely missed this. I don't plan to run my 01, as it's way too stock to compete..but I have a Powerline ball diff still in there, if you want to use it..don't know if it's tight or loose, haven't touched it in a long time. Let me know if you want me to bring it Saturday.
Old 2005.09.06, 11:06 PM   #64
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
I have no need for 01 differentials. I have 2 Kyosho 01 diffs, and my McLaren 01 uses an 02 diff. All that is really needed to race is tires, bearings and a motor. Thats all that Gasman had when he won B main at the PN regional in his 01.

I prefer racing in the A. Better driver skill, you learn more each time you race. When you race with guys that are at your skill level, or lower, you dont learn as much. Also, you get more points as the last driver in A main than 1st place in B main, so getting in the A main means alot for the points race.

Michvin, I think you would still be very competitive. It may take you a few races to get back into the groove, but you should be back up to speed fairly quickly. Setup for the cars is fairly similar to Canal, although the turns are taken at higher speeds. You have raced RCP before, so you should know how it grips. Al does not make as technical tracks as Alan did Mainly so that he can run 18 scale and Xmods if people want to.
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.09.06, 11:24 PM   #65
michvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU
I have no need for 01 differentials. I have 2 Kyosho 01 diffs, and my McLaren 01 uses an 02 diff. All that is really needed to race is tires, bearings and a motor. Thats all that Gasman had when he won B main at the PN regional in his 01.

I prefer racing in the A. Better driver skill, you learn more each time you race. When you race with guys that are at your skill level, or lower, you dont learn as much. Also, you get more points as the last driver in A main than 1st place in B main, so getting in the A main means alot for the points race.

Michvin, I think you would still be very competitive. It may take you a few races to get back into the groove, but you should be back up to speed fairly quickly. Setup for the cars is fairly similar to Canal, although the turns are taken at higher speeds. You have raced RCP before, so you should know how it grips. Al does not make as technical tracks as Alan did Mainly so that he can run 18 scale and Xmods if people want to.
Less technical - so Enzo be it! now i need to decide how to mark it to be able to tell it from others
Are you going this Sat?
Old 2005.09.06, 11:29 PM   #66
EMU
EMUracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by michvin
Less technical - so Enzo be it! now i need to decide how to mark it to be able to tell it from others
Are you going this Sat?
I should be there. Im jobless at the moment, so I am going to have to borrow from the fam Had a job interview about a week and a half ago, but havent heard any news from them since. I almost felt I was going to start the next day, the interview went so well. Bah... I may just give in and call the old company I used to work at and ask for my old position back. I hate that place (in the summer it gets to about 120 degrees in the pool area if somebody uses either the sauna or steamroom. No AC

People do fairly well with the McLaren as well, although Enzo seems to be more dominant (in numbers as well as in wins). The winner of the 2nd enduro race used a McLaren. Bennet Lo uses a McLaren as well.
Old 2005.09.06, 11:40 PM   #67
Lionblade
Honor & a shot of sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU
People do fairly well with the McLaren as well, although Enzo seems to be more dominant (in numbers as well as in wins). The winner of the 2nd enduro race used a McLaren. Bennet Lo uses a McLaren as well.
Wasn't that Johnathan? The Gulf McLaren, I think. He did really well that day, but his car hasn't seemed to be the same since. seems slower, even before he put the handout 05 in it. He might want to go back to his old 05 if he hasn't already.

And even if it doesn't make him faster, I hope he does something to quiet that car...it's annoyingly loud at times, especially when I practice with him. He's good though. He got a lot better from the first time I saw him.
Old 2005.09.06, 11:44 PM   #68
EMU
EMUracing

Hes allways been a pretty good racer, most of the guys in SI are good comp. He needs to spend time and work on the spacing of his motor. I think he may be either pinching the gears, or slipping a little (poor gear mesh makes lots of noise, and slows you down).
Old 2005.09.08, 09:54 AM   #69
Lionblade
Honor & a shot of sake.

By the time we see him again, he should've fixed it. He'll probably have already fixed it by Saturday if we see him.

And I dunno if it's just me, but I have a hard time seeing the Gulf McLaren sometimes..is it navy blue? If Johnathan had kept the orange wheels, it'd be easy to see..but he's got black wheels. I don't know how, but he lost the right and left part of the wing. All he's got is the middle piece that has "Gulf" on it.

I think he'd really benefit from a 2PL..he's using the standard KT-5 now, and he does well. Either that, or my 2 KT-5's are crap..which is a distinct possibility.

We've been using this thread a lot for discussion not involving the PN race..maybe I should make a ARCMS topic in the New York forum?
Old 2005.09.11, 12:19 PM   #70
Lionblade
Honor & a shot of sake.

Finally got around to it.

Here