Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2012.03.05, 11:51 AM   #16
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

cant you guys just cut the portion of the windows out and use the lexan from the autoscale cases as windows..

LIVE Mini-Z Racing Every Fri and Sat Nite 7pm - Dnano Racing Every Mon Nite 530pm - 1/16th - 1/18th Off Road Racing (times and days to be announced)
JuniorWKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.05, 12:01 PM   #17
Fovea3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slubben View Post
Can the windshield area be removed and how does it impact the rigidity of the body??
I would not recommend cutting the body as it is very thin. The pillars would become very flimsy. Just imagine cutting a large hole the size of a window on a lexan body, it is comparable.
My mini-z collection
Fovea3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.06, 12:13 PM   #18
Fovea3d

More pics of the Cuda, now with clear coat.

My mini-z collection
Old 2012.03.06, 04:43 PM   #19
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fovea3d View Post
More pics of the Cuda, now with clear coat.

I like that last picture, the two go great together!
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.06, 06:53 PM   #20
Skv012a

Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via MSN to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a
Well, what about making the pillars stronger along with the side clip brace? Would give everyone options to fine-tune these to their liking.
Old 2012.07.12, 08:48 AM   #21
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
I am a proud owner of one of these bodies! I just received it last week.

First impressions; detail is great! Lines are not as solid/crisp as an autoscale due to material and production methods but to the same level of detail you would expect to see on an autoscale. It weights next to nothing! The material is sturdy yet very flexible, similar to lexan. It may get knock off the body posts but won't know until i get it on the track with other cars.

I uploaded images to my Gallery. there is one small printing error in the front bonnet, passenger side. You can see there is a small separation of the material creating a gap that would look like a misaligned hood seam.

As soon as i get the time, i will be painting it. I have a couple other projects ahead of it though. I'm sure i'll end up racing it just like it is for awhile though.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.02.24, 02:31 PM   #22
Fovea3d

Here is the Cuda by RKP, a german modeler

RKP's website with more pictures and build details (google translated).
My mini-z collection
Old 2016.10.23, 07:06 PM   #23
arch2b

OK, I got the opportunity to put mine through it's paces yesterday and impressed for a tall, long and narrow body. There are draw backs; narrow front end restricts you to at most +.5mm offset before it rubs on the fenders, the narrow taper of the front fenders tends to lock the body/wheel on the rail vs. bumping off. The rest can be attributed to running on a box stock chassis as it hopped/chattered. just a hint of rolling the fender openings might help with the tire bite.

It really is refreshing to see some proper old school muscle out on the track though. it's just not going to be as competitive as some of the other more stable autoscales (102mm stock oriented). I happened to place in a main with all LM 102mm cars and they outpaced me easily with much more fluid lines and rear damper consistency. While I did qualify into B Main, I just wan't able to catch up to the leaders.
B Main

Next month I'll try with different tires. This setup has Kyosho 20/30 standard setup. I'll try PN KS soft/firm next time, initial thoughts are it may lead to traction roll.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0097.jpg (283.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0098.jpg (320.5 KB, 10 views)
Old 2016.10.23, 08:42 PM   #24
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

If you haven't already done so, try switching the chassis to a "N" configuration and then add wheel offset to improve the front stance and add some scrub to help turn in.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.10.24, 03:28 AM   #25
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
I have had my Form 2 Machine operational for the last few months. Done a few prints for people via 3D Hubs.

Are these ABS or Resin?

Is this your 3D model? or an edit of one out there already? or... ?

Anyone wiling to buy the resin used to print one of these for comparison of a Form2 Print vs ShapeWays?

I am curious on cost comparison, and if a car body print will hold its shape or warp.
Old 2016.10.24, 07:41 AM   #26
arch2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleemor60 View Post
If you haven't already done so, try switching the chassis to a "N" configuration and then add wheel offset to improve the front stance and add some scrub to help turn in.
it was already setup with N front end. no way W will work without modification to the model to create a 'wide body' version.

Last edited by arch2b; 2016.10.24 at 07:52 AM.
Old 2016.10.24, 07:50 AM   #27
arch2b

alain would be the person to reply on the modeling, they are all his work. doubtful people will share given the time put into modeling and crafting. i'm sure you know it's a lot of work.

the material alain chose for his models is nothing like the plastic filament printing machines. shapeways may have materials that print in a same/similar manner but this is not. it's more of a powder material that is sintered. it holds it's shape very well while remaining somewhat flexible. i inspected the car afterward and no cracks, etc. as you find with lexan.

shapeways has many more materials available than when alain first made these available and wondering is any of the other plastics would offer the same durability with higher resolution?