Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Events

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2018.07.22, 08:19 AM   #16
Mike Keely

Couple of questions.
1) in 70 comp, is the PN chassis allowed or is it only the stock style chassis?
2) can someone show a picture of the transponder? None of our guys know what the easy lap one looks like. Are they going to have plenty of them? At this time I think we have six guys coming That will need transponders.

3) What is the table/chairs situation? Do we need to bring anything?
Old 2018.07.22, 09:12 AM   #17
Mike Keely

After doing a little investigation it looks like the easy lap system uses a Robitronic type transponder. Does anyone know if that is correct? A lot of our guys have those Robitronic transponders already.

Last edited by Mike Keely; 2018.07.22 at 08:47 PM.
Mike Keely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.07.22, 08:38 PM   #18
GIHOSU
Unregistered Abuser

A PN chassis would be fine for 70 Comp, it is close enough.

You are correct about the transponders, the Easylap system is Robitronic compatible so what you guys have will work just fine. I can see what they have in stock and post a count on Tuesday. I am pretty sure they have a few rentals as well.

As far as chairs and tables, they have a bunch there. I am going to bring 2 or 3 and a cord just in case. If you have a cord, chair and table I would bring them to be safe.

It is really cool that you guys have a good sized group coming up, this is gonna be fun.
GIHOSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.07.22, 08:44 PM   #19
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
The 70 comp class is an open chassis and electronics class, but uses AAA nimh cells.
This gives racers wiggle room to use PN or any aftermarket chassis that supports 4xAAA cells.
A hard mini-z style body is required in 70 comp, aftermarket manufacturers bodies are also permitted, so long as they are made for the mini-z.

Only the kyosho stock class restricts the chassis to a kyosho mini-z chassis.

Last edited by EMU; 2018.07.22 at 08:46 PM.
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.07.22, 08:50 PM   #20
Mike Keely

Thanks for the info guys
Old 2018.07.23, 06:33 AM   #21
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
So 70 comp is for the most part like HFAY. I'm sure many are familiar with that given the long history HFAY has.

By 'hard' body are we talking autoscale type plastics only vs. polycarbonates/lexans?

Last edited by arch2b; 2018.07.23 at 06:36 AM.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.07.23, 07:52 AM   #22
EMU
EMUracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
So 70 comp is for the most part like HFAY. I'm sure many are familiar with that given the long history HFAY has.

By 'hard' body are we talking autoscale type plastics only vs. polycarbonates/lexans?
Much of the 70 comp ruleset is similar to hfay structure. Unfortunately, I have never had the opportunity to participate in an hfay event. Ice always wanted to.

Autoscale style plastic bodies only in 70 comp, including iwaver, jomurena, trp... anything commercially made for mini-z mounts.
Allowing converted models can be a bag of worms, especially with scale discrepancies.

Lexan/polycarbonate bodies are permitted in mod.
Old 2018.07.24, 12:00 AM   #23
tommy_greeneyes

I would think 70 comp is equal the same as GT 70 turn from the Carolina cup class. Just a little tweak on a chassis. Hope everyone knows the heads-up on weighing all the cars. 170g . Or probably top 3 ..right Shafiq?

As for the easy lap transponders I saw HobbyTown owner ordered a lot probably 100. So should be enough I'm actually going to buy two more. They're reasonable price because they come with two different harnesses 14 mini Z and one for aftermarket receivers
Old 2018.07.24, 03:23 AM   #24
EMU
EMUracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy_greeneyes View Post
I would think 70 comp is equal the same as GT 70 turn from the Carolina cup class. Just a little tweak on a chassis. Hope everyone knows the heads-up on weighing all the cars. 170g . Or probably top 3 ..right Shafiq?

As for the easy lap transponders I saw HobbyTown owner ordered a lot probably 100. So should be enough I'm actually going to buy two more. They're reasonable price because they come with two different harnesses 14 mini Z and one for aftermarket receivers
The Carolina Cup ruleset for GT3 (70t GT class) had a lot of details regarding body options, modification restrictions, height and setback of the wing... the only real similarities is 70t motor and AAA batteries. I loved the Gt70 rule set, but it is a little too restrictive for the event planned. It would be too much to tech. With so much going on for their first event, 70 comp will tech body, batteries, motors and tires.

For GT3, pedro built a beautiful tech jig to analyze the different restrictions. That's a little much to focus on in the program right now.

70 comp will fit a lot more under its structure. It's sort of a run what ya brung 70t class, which allows people to come with a lot of different styles of bodies and run what they're into. I've been thinking about reviving my old narrow f355...
Old 2018.07.24, 05:31 PM   #25
Mike Keely

Do you know the rental fee for a transponder?
Old 2018.07.24, 06:24 PM   #26
GIHOSU
Unregistered Abuser

I will find out about transponder rentals and post it up.

Tommy and I got some more prep done today and Randy, the owner, seems really into what we have going. He was especially excited about the prize box sent by Kyosho. They seem to be super excited about a possible resurgence of Mini-Z racing on the right coast. Atomic prize stuff arrived today so I think everyone will be leaving happy.

I am very interested to see the crowd we attract. The shop is promoting the event very well and many new Mini-Z guys are likely to come and watch, at least. I am bringing a new racer with me, should be fun. When we were there today a guy came in to pick up his new RCP track and was asking how long it would take for his friend to get one too. I am impressed with Randy's success in selling Mini-Z stuff.

This is gonna be good, be ready...
Old 2018.07.24, 06:34 PM   #27
EMU
EMUracing

That is exciting news about the new racers and interest in RCP tracks. I still miss my old home track.
Old 2018.07.26, 01:14 PM   #28
GIHOSU
Unregistered Abuser

Transponders will be available for the race day to rent for $6.50. The way it works there is you pay $26 and if you don't want to keep it you will be able to get a refund of $19.50. They have had issues with people paying a rental fee and leaving with the transponders so the policy had to change.

I have been talking to some excited racers lately, see you all on Saturday.
Old 2018.07.27, 08:00 AM   #29
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Seems like a reasonable policy to me. Better than the shop getting shorted when they are not returned. From someone with experience purchasing transponders for clubs, I completely understand.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.07.27, 05:28 PM   #30
GIHOSU
Unregistered Abuser

It was a busy day, the track is set, 41 pit spots are ready upstairs and I was able to spend some time with the timing system and things seem cool. The traffic in the store was pretty heavy and I think we may have a good number of locals here as spectators. I had a peek at what Kyosho and Atomic sent as prizes and a few people will be leaving really really happy.

Be careful on your way here. Remember, it is NJ. See ya all tomorrow...