Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2009.03.20, 03:13 PM   #31
imxlr8ed

Well... ok, I can see it from the standpoint of sturdiness and promoting the aftermarket as well. And yes, a racer who shows up to an event with a box stock RTR can always add lead to the bottom of the car to get it up to a specified minimum.

From my point of view, I never really worried about weight before... but when I had to toss some lead onto my F1 (which already had a good portion of alloy aftermarket parts on it) just to make minimum weight for the last PN Regional we had, it did seem odd to me. I guess that specific situation is what I'm trying to avoid.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Old 2009.03.20, 03:24 PM   #32
rocketman
Thom Rocketman Belmont

HRDRVR I think your comments are valid but I think yasuji is talking about rules that are directed at regional/national or Level 3 or above events.

I don't think that any national body will ever be able to take the place of a responsible club who cares about their members and how they get them involved in the hobby but leadership at the top on how to best approach new membership is important and that is where I believe ROAR and other's have failed. Regional/National/World events are competition for sure, but for ROAR, Local tracks and manufacturers, its about $ and advertising. Nothing wrong with that, but it is true. It is the opportunity to advertise that will help the local track with expanding its participant base. Then it is back to the local track to have the rules in place to keep people interested, fair competition and inexpensive with readily available parts on cars that are as easily driven as possible. Just my .02 and as I look at the economy my two cents is worth less.
Old 2009.03.20, 04:30 PM   #33
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver

Send a message via AIM to yasuji Send a message via Yahoo to yasuji
i will address the wehght limit in f1....i agree that it is way too high...

here is an option on the weight limit issue for the awd mod and pancar mod class....NO WEIGHT LIMIT.....
and for the 2wd/4wd combined stock class....175g for either 2wd or 4wd to balance the field

Grant "Yasuji" Matsushima

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

Old 2009.03.20, 04:34 PM   #34
Tjay

I like that Grant ^.
Old 2009.03.20, 04:35 PM   #35
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
HRDRVR I think your comments are valid but I think yasuji is talking about rules that are directed at regional/national or Level 3 or above events.

I don't think that any national body will ever be able to take the place of a responsible club who cares about their members and how they get them involved in the hobby but leadership at the top on how to best approach new membership is important and that is where I believe ROAR and other's have failed. Regional/National/World events are competition for sure, but for ROAR, Local tracks and manufacturers, its about $ and advertising. Nothing wrong with that, but it is true. It is the opportunity to advertise that will help the local track with expanding its participant base. Then it is back to the local track to have the rules in place to keep people interested, fair competition and inexpensive with readily available parts on cars that are as easily driven as possible. Just my .02 and as I look at the economy my two cents is worth less.
yes you are right.....in these rules there are only 4 classes....adding f1 will be 5 THESE CLASSES WILL BE THE PREMIER 1/28 SCALE CLASSES.....the option of adding other spec classes to there venu is all on the club....

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

Last edited by yasuji; 2009.03.24 at 05:13 AM.
Old 2009.03.20, 04:37 PM   #36
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjay View Post
I like that Grant ^.
as a top driver in 1/28 scale do you have any other input to the rules tj?

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

Old 2009.03.20, 04:47 PM   #37
Tjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasuji View Post
as a top driver in 1/28 scale do you have any other input to the rules tj?
ahhh... I knew it. Well, I'm going to have to read it over tonight or tomorrow since I'm currently at work and I have a race schedule at the shop tonight... busy. I will keep you guys posted... top driver? For the most part I like what you've already posted but again, I need to go over it. Thank you.
Old 2009.03.20, 05:08 PM   #38
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
What classifies and event as Level 3? Id like to know, as our club is interested in hosting and competeing in all the events we can, large and small. This means if there is set of rules that is most commonly followed, we will comply with them for our local events, and club racing. I thought this was somewhat of a bid to get a lot of the clubs racing on the same set of rules also, which should in tern stimulate inter-club competition, and instill a batter idea of how we stand against each other at said competitions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasuji View Post
i will address the wehght limit in f1....i agree that it is way too high...

here is an option on the weight limit issue for the awd mod and pancar mod class....NO WEIGHT LIMIT.....
and for the 2wd/4wd combined stock class....175g for either 2wd or 4wd to balance the field
Thanks Grant! I hope you dont me as being a pain. Im just posting my opinion on the subject, as you stated "open discission". I hope you are taking it as just that. Also, Im glad you are willing to compromise and listen to what we all have to say!

In saying that, I really like your latest proposal. I dont like weight limits at all, especially for mod classes. Its only fair to put the AWD and 2wd at the same limit when there is a limit and they share the class, so I like it.

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2009.03.20, 11:48 PM   #39
rocketman
Thom Rocketman Belmont

HRVRDR, the classification for competition levels is in the ROAR rules for 2009. It is at the bottom of page 3, Rule 1.1.11 and continues to page 4 about the levels of competition. It is in PDF form so you can go to roarracing.org.

I agree with no weight min for the mod classes will be great to see the technology boom in those areas, but I do think that restricting advances in stock classes, ie homologation, as you suggest, would be better done now as opposed to after the fact, but TJMO. I appreciate all taking the time to sound off and providing the expertise to see this is done right.
Old 2009.03.21, 10:52 AM   #40
bermbuster
GF Racing

One of the best things we can do to entice competition is to have a circurt set of layouts for the race tracks. I know that RCP has different grip in different places but if Cali guys are getting 40 laps in 5 min races on and us NY guys are doing 40....Ill want to come race. If it is a large difference before I come race I gotta figure out what is getting those laps....
This way for these events you will get a large turnout and the fastest of the fast winning the a mains...
Old 2009.03.21, 12:36 PM   #41
Tjay

I have been quite busy lately from work and shop... this is what I have.

1. I think for 2wd and awd pan/mod class. There shouldn't be any weight limit. However stock class should keep their weight limit to 175 2wd and 185 awd.

2. 2mm ride height. May I ask why do we want to have such limits? I know ROAR has this but why do we need this again? Is it to protect the track? In my opinion, having a ride height limit will just add to another things to do for the tech inspector during big races. As you probably already know, most of the big events we've been to don't even tech the bodies, ride height, etc... They’re more concern of the weight and transponder change. We’ll be in trouble if we have to check the ride height on each car on each qualifier and mains.

3. Spec tire. I don’t think we should exclude this… I think it is up to the Race Director/ Shop owner if he wants his event to have a spec tire or not but not coming from a manufacturer i.e., atomic tires for atomic race. Should be something like, KO race( to which it was sponsored by both big companies like atm and pn) hand out tires that the race director picked should be good.

4. No Tire Sauce. Do we really need to sauce our tires to get some traction? If we need traction especially on an AWD, then there's something we need to change. Perhaps our driving? Just a thought.

I just want to throw this out there. RCP track is good and every mini-z track here in USA uses RCP tracks but it is very inconsistent. There’s few of us working together to bring mini-z to different level and it is hard to improve if the track we are running on is very inconsistent. Our track should be open to both RCP and Carpet of one kind. Carpet makes your car feel like 10th scale, smooth and consistent.

Ok that is it. Like I said, I like the rules that these guys has been working on since last year and again. Thanks guys for helping us make this community better for everybody.
Old 2009.03.21, 05:37 PM   #42
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver

mod classes will NOT have a weight limit
2wd/4wd stk classes will have a min weight limit of 175(to possibly bring equality between 2wd/4wd)if 4wd becomes dominant over 2wd we will incerase 4wd min weight in 5g increments

2. 2mm ride height. will be removed....

3. Spec tire. bad idea.....it will exclude all but one manufacturer from a national event....if a club wishes to add a spec tire class to a 1/28scale national event then that is fine.....but as far as 1/28 scale national classes
all parties MUST be allowed to compete

4. No Tire Sauce. for rcp tracks there is no need....but if the ocasion comes up that we run an event on carpet.....it may or may not be necessary

thank you for your input tj it is well valued an i look foward to running @ your new track

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

Old 2009.03.21, 06:01 PM   #43
imxlr8ed

I wouldn't say RCP is inconsistent, I would say the race environment makes for different traction levels. It's the same thing I dealt with running carpet too. In the winter when we first got to the track it was tough to get bite, but once the overhead heaters turned on, the setups would start changing because traction levels would rise.

If there is going to be any traction rule, I would say just to make sure the car goes on the track with dry tires... no sauce left on tires when dropped on the track. Or... leave it out entirely. I'm sure we are bound to see something like a 4 degree tire one day... I'm pretty sure they won't need anything but to be replaced after one heat of racing.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Old 2009.03.21, 09:54 PM   #44
Tjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by imxlr8ed View Post
I wouldn't say RCP is inconsistent, I would say the race environment makes for different traction levels. It's the same thing I dealt with running carpet too. In the winter when we first got to the track it was tough to get bite, but once the overhead heaters turned on, the setups would start changing because traction levels would rise.

If there is going to be any traction rule, I would say just to make sure the car goes on the track with dry tires... no sauce left on tires when dropped on the track. Or... leave it out entirely. I'm sure we are bound to see something like a 4 degree tire one day... I'm pretty sure they won't need anything but to be replaced after one heat of racing.
RCP is inconsistent. Look at the groove/ grain that this track have. Even the connection where they meet. It doesn't matter if your track is old, new and even if you have the ground leveled. It is jus not he same as carpet track with leveled surface.
Old 2009.03.21, 11:12 PM   #45
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjay View Post
RCP is inconsistent. Look at the groove/ grain that this track have. Even the connection where they meet. It doesn't matter if your track is old, new and even if you have the ground leveled. It is jus not he same as carpet track with leveled surface.
tis is not open to debates on what surface is better than the other....all clubs have different race surfaces...if fpr held a national event under the 1/28th scale rules i would attend.....as well as if dow held a polished cement 1/28th scale national....
as of right now......we all have rcp tracks.....right

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com