Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2015.10.27, 11:11 PM   #1
sangyue

2.4GHz ASF 3 Channel Receiver Unit for Mini-Z AMZ AMR

I just found a ASF compatible receiver unit on Banggood.com. Banggood SKU301318.

http://www.banggood.com/2_4GHz-ASF-3-Channel-Receiver-Unit-for-Mini-Z-AMZ-AMR-p-1008289.html

Description:
This module is designed for Mini-Z ASF 2.4Ghz (901/902SM/EX-1/EX-6)
It supports the Ultra Response mode of KO Propo EX-1 UR and KO Propo KIY Transmitters. It offers 3-channel support in a compact size!

Product Features:
1. 3CH Support
2. Performance CPU enhance precision control feeling
3. Ultra response mode [KO] support
4. Tiny compact size (15 x 25.5mm)
5. Recommend for any micro chassis car kit
For best performance, digital servo must be required.

Compatible Transmitter:
KYOSHO PERFEX KT-18
KO PROPO RF-901/RF-902SM
KO PROPO EX-1 ASF
KO PROPO EX-6

Package Included:
1 x 2.4GHz ASF Receiver
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ASF Receiver.jpg (78.4 KB, 76 views)

Last edited by mleemor60; 2015.10.28 at 05:55 AM. Reason: link with pricing
sangyue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.10.28, 09:14 AM   #2
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

Looks a lot like the 2.4rx that's available at Kenon.

Has anyone tried this unit? I'm curious to get some reviews....

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
cowboysir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.11.30, 12:46 AM   #3
sangyue

MR-03/AWD compatible PCB for your reference

Description:
This module is a compatible PCB MainBoard designed for KYOSHO Mini-Z AWD/MR-03. It is a 2.4GHz ASF R/C Unit with ICS, GYRO and TikiTiki function.

Size: 32mm*20mm*7mm
Weight: 10g
Input Voltage: 4.2V-5.5V
Motor Current: 5A Maximum

Package Included:
1 x RC Unit PCB

MR-03, Banggood SKU315724.
AWD, Banggood SKU315710.

Z-003.jpg

Z-001.jpg

Z-002.jpg
Old 2015.11.30, 04:56 AM   #4
byebye

Nice find.

Kris
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.11.30, 08:22 AM   #5
briankstan

looking forward to hearing some feedback on them. Anyone test them yet?
Old 2015.12.01, 10:08 PM   #6
sangyue

Bluetooth ICS Adapter For Kyosho Mini-Z

Banggood SKU323550, Bluetooth ICS Adapter For Kyosho Mini-Z

Description:

Wireless program for Mini-Z ASF MR-02 MR-03 MR-03VE, (NOT work for MR-03 Sport), compatible to Android phone 2.2 or higher, and PC with Bluetooth connect.

Size: 37mm*15mm*5mm
Weight: 10g
Input Voltage: 3.6V-6V

How to use:
1. Plug in 4 pin connector to your board
2. Press and Hold paring button, then turn on the power
3. Pair the Bluetooth Adapter to your Andriod phone or PC
4. Bluetooth ID is MINI-Z, password 1234
5. For Android phone, after pairing open your ICS apps, and click PN-ICS Bluetooth device, the light will change to solid GREEN, then you can start to program your Mini-Z.
6. For PC computer, after paring then go Control Panel check your Bluetooth Adapter com port number, then connect the correct Comm Port number, then you can start to program your Mini-Z

Software download link:
Brushed version
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...jp.bagworm.ics

VE version
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bagworm.ve.ics

Package Included:
1 x Bluetooth ICS Adapter for Kyosho Mini-Z
Old 2015.12.01, 11:41 PM   #7
DMALMAD

These seem to just be copies of existing products. I like the prices being so low but these products seem to be blatant reproductions/clones

DMR MPC 1/27th Aftermarket Pan Chassis
DMALMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.12.02, 01:34 AM   #8
sangyue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMALMAD View Post
These seem to just be copies of existing products. I like the prices being so low but these products seem to be blatant reproductions/clones
I agree. I am waiting for a standalone MHS recevier.
Old 2015.12.02, 04:56 PM   #9
gctkaz

I have ordered one of the ASF receivers, and one of the AWD RC units.
Will update when I install and test them (which might be never )

What would make me a happy boy would be clones of RF-901SM and FS-TM002 in a KO PROPO-compatible housing. Wouldn't mind clones of Sports series RC units either, but MR-03VE and MA-020VE RC unit clones would make my day!
gctkaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.12.03, 07:26 AM   #10
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gctkaz View Post
What would make me a happy boy would be clones of RF-901SM and FS-TM002 in a KO PROPO-compatible housing.
this is what we really need someone to make. ASF Modules for KoProp Radios. there are so many people using these radios or wanting to and the modules are getting harder and harder to find.
Old 2015.12.29, 08:10 PM   #11
gctkaz

I received the ASF receiver and the AWD board.

The quality of construction on both seems very nice.

The ASF receiver comes with a long antenna installed, and includes an optional short antenna. The long antenna must be de-soldered to install the short antenna. It also includes three cables for converting ESC/servo to the small JST type on the receiver.

The AWD board is very minimal. Construction quality is fine, but it does not come with any other components (battery connectors, servo motor, potentiometer, switch) so I will transplant these from an AM board. The antenna is just a bare solid core copper wire, so this will be replaced before I install it.
The FETs read SH8M14 HLS5FG (that's the best I can make out on the tiny writing), someone more knowledge can tell us whether those are any good.

update: ASF receiver installed in my AMZ. Binds and works just fine! Very happy for the price. The AWD board... it was bound OK to my radio before final assembly, but something went wrong in that process and I smoked one of the steering fets. I think my wires might have been too thick and put too much pressure on the servo gears. Will be a while before I get a replacement to comment further.

Last edited by gctkaz; 2016.01.07 at 08:46 PM.
Old 2015.12.30, 01:44 PM   #12
byebye

Quote:
Originally Posted by gctkaz View Post
I received the ASF receiver and the AWD board.

The quality of construction on both seems very nice.

The ASF receiver comes with a long antenna installed, and includes an optional short antenna. The long antenna must be de-soldered to install the short antenna. It also includes three cables for converting ESC/servo to the small JST type on the receiver.

The AWD board is very minimal. Construction quality is fine, but it does not come with any other components (battery connectors, servo motor, potentiometer, switch) so I will transplant these from an AM board. The antenna is just a bare solid core copper wire, so this will be replaced before I install it.
The FETs read SH8M14 HLS5FG (that's the best I can make out on the tiny writing), someone more knowledge can tell us whether those are any good.
http://www.datasheet4u.com/datasheet....php?id=735396
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.02.18, 07:00 AM   #13
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
has anyone tried the ASF brushed board? this may end up being our only route left for ASF brushed boards once the KYO parts kits dry up. this also makes for an inexpensive way to build a non-stock car from parts. best part, you get to keep using the radio you already have. may be a cheap upgrade pathway for sports/sports 2 users trying to get to ASF for better control and radio options.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.03.06, 03:21 PM   #14
gctkaz

I recently got my second ASF clone board (for AWD) to replace the one I smoked. I was more careful with testing the installation this time. It works fine, and for the price I think it is the best way to keep a brushed fleet alive, or expand a fleet for a club, provided that you can get a pot and servo motor.

There is a well-known Chinese marketplace website where you can get Firelap MR-02 servo units with the pot and servo for around $3 shipping included - my only quips are that the servo motor comes with a plastic pinion, and the QC of packaging is inconsistent. I ordered a few units and not all of them had a servo motor in the package, so make sure you add a note to the seller to check the package contents.

I am still waiting for some more Firelap parts but you could probably build up a number of ASF MR-02 clones in this way.

My question is whether there are any notable differences between the 03 and AWD boards. Is it just the steering software which is different, if at all? I know the 03 uses a coreless motor and different gearing, so for AWD or 02/015 installations, would the AWD board be more suitable to use?

Kyosho parts are already drying up a bit so these are great to have - but the bigger problem with using these for something like club cars is having ASF-compatible radios to go with them. I actually wouldn't mind having Sports series clone boards since there is no shortage of Flysky-compatible options.

Last edited by gctkaz; 2016.03.06 at 03:33 PM.
Old 2016.03.08, 09:57 PM   #15
rojak

anybody already test this board?
what is the max voltage it can handle?i am thinking to use with large scale model with 2s LIPO