Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2013.02.20, 02:13 PM   #1
seanminiz

RCP Issues

Just want to know if you guys know of a way to flatten out RCP that has slight bends in it. I have a track in my office warehouse... and on some of the inside radius and corner pieces have a dome shape to them. I have alot more of track, i was hoping to flatten the pieces out that are in place....

Its sad that i have all this track and nobody to race with. I get about 100-150 laps a day practice in.... but nobody to race with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0647.JPG (179.7 KB, 103 views)
seanminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.02.20, 02:23 PM   #2
Traveler
of both Time and Space

Sweet track! Where is it?
Maybe put something heavy like books on the spots that are bowed up when the track is not in use? Or they may flatten out on their own over time.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.02.20, 02:25 PM   #3
briankstan

Welcome to the forums. I would say that with the track laying out it should flatten out by itself. you could manually roll them them in the opposite direction as the bump to help with the process. if you put something heavy on it make sure it's flat or it will leave impressions. and they will take longer to finally go away.

Nice track, where are you located?
Old 2013.02.20, 02:34 PM   #4
imxlr8ed

Direct sunlight straightens them out pretty quickly too!

Ditto on location... ?

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.02.20, 02:37 PM   #5
seanminiz

Track

The track is in houston, tx.

I bought it from some of the old local racers... I have a ton extra... alot of 90's oustide and inside and 45 deg..

Thanks for the help. It is flattening some... but i notice with the temperature changes we are seeing in texas over the past month the track seems to be better or flatter when its warm.. when its cold.... not so much.
seanminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.02.20, 03:39 PM   #6
Sammich

probably on the warmer days you may want to vaccuum and then place as was said some books on the parts that arent flat..should help out

Quote:
drunk driving is not cool, unless it's with Mini-Z's.
Sammich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.02.24, 10:30 AM   #7
a1m80t

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanminiz View Post
The track is in houston, tx.

I bought it from some of the old local racers... I have a ton extra... alot of 90's oustide and inside and 45 deg..

Thanks for the help. It is flattening some... but i notice with the temperature changes we are seeing in texas over the past month the track seems to be better or flatter when its warm.. when its cold.... not so much.
I live in the Houston area, perhaps we can organize something? I can probably pull 2-3 racers and I have the Core laptimmer (and know how to make it work with concrete)
a1m80t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.02.24, 10:58 AM   #8
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
warm temp and or sunlight will help them flatten out. the material is temperature and humidity sensitive. in general they will flatten out by themselves unless compressed by something else. as suggested, manipulating the tiles to work bends out will work to an extent as well.

do not lay heavy objects on tiles for long periods of time. it can leave semi-permanent indention's in the surface. i had to put a step ladder on my track once as still waiting for those indention's to go away and that was maybe 10 minutes with me on the ladder. they have gotten much better over time but still present.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.02.25, 01:57 PM   #9
monkeyZ
The Race Dictator!

Give the track a little shuffle. This sounds funny, but usually the track is actually bunching up on you. If you notice that there isn't a 1 wall width space between any of the sections that run parallel to one another then the track is actually not sitting flat. My daughter uses my track as a "RACE TRACK!" to run around on all the time and she slides the pieces together and I see the bubbles especially in the wide inside corners.

So really just go to each side of the track that you can access and put your hands a few tiles apart and shuffle the track side to side and it will lay back down flat.

I have thought about cutting some small wood 2x2's to put between the turns and straights to stop the track from sliding on the carpet...
monkeyZ is offline   Reply With Quote