Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.01.09, 10:22 AM   #16
kryten

Send a message via MSN to kryten
NP's yes it seems very good,not had a single slide so far.
kryten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.09, 08:09 PM   #17
ZBest
Getting older each day

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten View Post
NP's yes it seems very good,not had a single slide so far.
How will you slide when you have to drive at a snail pace. I think that track is a bit too small for rc cars. Maybe matchbox cars or toy cars.
ZBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.09, 08:23 PM   #18
kryten

I said i was driving quite slow don't remember saying a snail's pace??????
Old 2010.01.09, 08:36 PM   #19
ZBest
Getting older each day

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten View Post
I said i was driving quite slow don't remember saying a snail's pace??????
Sorry, i was referring to a video I saw of a car going around the track. I have a dnano and what looks like a 6 or 7 inch width just wont cut it. You would be better off getting some fatigue mat squares and making a track yourself. The squares are cheap on ebay and you can make a much longer track for the dnano. Just my opinion. No offense.

Last edited by ZBest; 2010.01.09 at 08:39 PM.
Old 2010.01.10, 11:39 AM   #20
reaper

to be honest id say krytens track is a lot more realistic

look at 1:1 race tracks they arnt 258 ft wide (what a 1/43 car would equate to on 600mm track )
driving on a tight track can only make you a better driver
reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.10, 04:29 PM   #21
kryten

I've had those fatigue mats before,the grip level on them is very different to rcp,imo this track is quite similar to rcp. I dont want another track where i set my car up to run on it and it won't run on rcp and vice versa.
Old 2010.01.10, 05:04 PM   #22
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
If you had to rate the track, out of 10, what would you rate it now? And what would be the most important feature that would increase the rating? (probably lane width)
Old 2010.01.10, 05:07 PM   #23
kryten

If lane width was not a factor,it would score very high 9 or 10 due to price and quality.
At first the width of the track is very annoying,but then it becomes more of a challenge to get around the track properly.
Old 2010.01.10, 08:24 PM   #24
ZBest
Getting older each day

I dont know how these tiny tracks make you a better driver. If you cant get your car up to anything close to full speed, how will it make you a better drive when you get on a larger track. All cars handle differently when they run at 1/2 to full throttle. You cant get the dnano past 1/4 throttle without bouncing off the walls on a 7inch lane size. When the dnano gets to higher speed the car reacts differently, turns differently and you drive differently. Sorry, just dont agree.
Old 2010.01.10, 10:09 PM   #25
JeremyC
MR-02 for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBest View Post
I dont know how these tiny tracks make you a better driver. If you cant get your car up to anything close to full speed, how will it make you a better drive when you get on a larger track. All cars handle differently when they run at 1/2 to full throttle. You cant get the dnano past 1/4 throttle without bouncing off the walls on a 7inch lane size. When the dnano gets to higher speed the car reacts differently, turns differently and you drive differently. Sorry, just dont agree.
ZBest,

I agree with what you are saying, but I wouldn't say that the tight lane width is useless. I'm really curious to hear more about this how this setup feels compared to racing a Z on RCP; as I am on the fence between a setup something like this or a Micro-T for at home practice..

-Jer
Old 2010.01.10, 11:23 PM   #26
EMU
EMUracing

The way that I see it, turning laps on a large fast track, or a short tight track will both help with the hand-eye coordination that it takes to drive these cars at the limit. Whether it is the limit of the car on the track, or the limit that the track has on the car.

This track may be a little too tight to run fast, however, it will help focus on consistancy, and learning how to take the fast line through the track, how to connect corners and maintain good speed through the sections of the track.

For Mini-Z practice, its not like the setup adjustments you do on the Dnano are going to compare to anything you do with the Z...

I would love to see a small video of the car running on the track, even if it isnt the best driving... Just to see how the corner speed looks.

In the next paycheck or two, I plan to get a Dnano and this track. Just so I can turn some laps. I drove someones F40 Dnano last night, and I have decided that I need to get one... In general, I think that most Mini-Z tracks are too large, I personally prefer smaller tight tracks.
Old 2010.01.10, 11:51 PM   #27
JeremyC
MR-02 for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU View Post
The way that I see it, ...
I think part of what you are saying is directed to my comment about wanting to see how it compares to Z's on RCP. Let me give you some background.

I want to get another RC that I can run at home so that I can get some practice driving RC when not at the track. Just like you said, it is to improve the hand/eye coordination.

Now, I'm on the fence between a dNaNo and a Micro-T, and that is the reason I asked about the dNaNo in relation to a mini-z on RCP. If the dNaNo is even remotely similar to a Z on RCP I'd be more inclined to get the dN, because I know that the micro-t is going to be a very different experience.

Although the Micro-T's are much much cheaper.....

-Jer
Old 2010.01.11, 01:09 AM   #28
EMU
EMUracing

What are the rails on the track made out of?

The Micro-T is nothing like the Mini-Z... Dnano, on any surface would be more similar to a Mini-Z than the Micro-T is.

I am in the same boat as you... I want to have a track that I can run a stock Dnano on, without having any urge to upgrade the Dnano. Since the speeds will be slow on the Infinitrax track, I think it would be ideal for my purpose. Will running laps be easy? Not with very small lanes. However, controlling the car in the tight lane that is available, is similar to keeping your car on the race line in a race. While speeds will be very different between the tracks, car placement is what I want to work on. If I could fit a Mini-96 in my apartment, I would. I had one for a while, and turned many laps on it. During the time I had the track, my driving improved on large tracks... alot in the tight sections, but my consistancy in the fast sections improved as well.

Almost any wheeltime helps... Right now the only practice I get is when I play games on the Xbox... so if I can have a track that I can hit moderate speeds on with a small car, and turn some laps, it will help my purpose. Am I recommending that this track is a perfect track, no. Actually, I do think it will be a little too tight to do any high speed running... but that is sort of the purpose. Its using very little space, spending relatively little money, and being able to try to get the car through the track as fast as I can.
Old 2010.01.11, 06:15 AM   #29
kryten

Zbest: you are completely missing the point,if you can turn laps on a track this tight,then doing so on rcp afterwards would seem relatively easy. I'm not saying this track is perfect for the dnano,far from it,but as Emu points out,it's more to do with getting your lines right.

JeremyC: I was at a z meet last week with my dnano,and ran it on the rcp.I'd say they are similar to running a Z. The only thing is my subaru just traction rolled on the corners as it's so narrow. However another member had a murci dnano there too,and was putting in lap times quicker than 70% of the z's

Emu: The rails are made from hard plastic, your last post makes my point better than i could. It's not perfect,but if you don't have space or the funds for a mini-96 (i don't have either) then this track is an option.
I'll try to get a vid of my(quite bad)driving this week.

Personally i'd rather struggle to get around this narrow track,knowing that it is going to improve my driving and hand/eye co-ordination skills,than use the fatigue mats,which have a LOT less grip levels than rcp.
Old 2010.01.11, 07:29 AM   #30
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

I have to agree with EMU that running a small car on a tight track improves your driving. I started running MiniZs back when I used to race 10th scale touring car and I was much smoother with the big cars after running the "tiny" Zs on relatively tiny tracks. The 10th touring cars felt big and lazy! I have since given up 10th scale but bought a dNaNo to likewise improve my Z driving and it has worked. The HTUSA track is bigger than this little track but yet quite a bit tighter than most Z tracks.

Last edited by pedrocamp; 2010.01.11 at 07:32 AM.
pedrocamp is offline   Reply With Quote