Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.01.11, 12:55 PM   #31
JeremyC
MR-02 for life

We are all on the same page here; I'm just trying to explore all options. I'm thinking that the 'toy' RCP track would be a good option. It is pretty large, but if you only used half of it it would allow much wider lane width; of course you'd have to make your own rails somehow.

Or if you could setup a 4x2 tile 50CM RCP blank section, it would be about 6.5'x3.3'. You'd need rails, and someone selling just 8 tiles
Old 2010.01.11, 03:35 PM   #32
mugler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyC View Post
Or if you could setup a 4x2 tile 50CM RCP blank section, it would be about 6.5'x3.3'. You'd need rails, and someone selling just 8 tiles
That will be easily the best option to go with IF they did sell the individual blank tiles which they don't as u mention. surprised RCP hasn't come up with its own Micro track and left the door open for the competition again! As i suggested before on a different thread would like to see the blank tile design maybe with the outside walls only accepting the barriers. This will leave the entire blank surface for layout via some creative flexible tubing and such.

Right now I think I'll use my blank 96tiles to set up a table top 3x5 tile track and use something like heavy rope for railing...snap i still need to drop a lot of $s to secure a dNano either the new Xanavi 350z or the Orange GT3...
mugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.11, 04:58 PM   #33
JeremyC
MR-02 for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugler View Post
surprised RCP hasn't come up with its own Micro track and left the door open for the competition again
I've been in touch with lornecherry from the tinyrc.com forum; he is developing a dNaNo roll-up carpet track that would be nearly perfect. It can be sold in 6 foot wide sections by the linear foot. It is pretty reasonable in price. I'm not going to quote what he said to me because he hasn't officially released it yet, but that is going to happen in the next couple weeks. Suffice to say that w/o rails it is between the price of infinitrax and a mini-96. However, it has the benefit of being rolled up in a matter of seconds. Not sure how much his rail system is going to be.

http://www.tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24223
Old 2010.03.03, 08:01 PM   #34
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

If you have the room, I would say go with the RCP mini-96 track for Dnano's. Honestly I don't know why Kyosho didn't go this route when setting up tracks at Hobby Town USA.

The carpet tracks are fun and definately functional however RCP is much better and probably more economical than the table top tracks at Hobby Town USA.

For the money you can't go wrong with the Mini-96 for Dnano. You can basically run the same set up on RCP that you would run on carpet.

If the RCP guy could strike a deal with Hobby Town USA he could sell a ton of tracks. You just can't beat RCP for Dnano's or Mini-z period why even bother trying. It would be cool if RCP came up with a smaller configuration of the Mini-96 for guys with limited space.
Old 2010.03.23, 02:39 PM   #35
Kevin S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten View Post
Zbest: you are completely missing the point,if you can turn laps on a track this tight,then doing so on rcp afterwards would seem relatively easy. I'm not saying this track is perfect for the dnano,far from it,but as Emu points out,it's more to do with getting your lines right.

JeremyC: I was at a z meet last week with my dnano,and ran it on the rcp.I'd say they are similar to running a Z. The only thing is my subaru just traction rolled on the corners as it's so narrow. However another member had a murci dnano there too,and was putting in lap times quicker than 70% of the z's

Emu: The rails are made from hard plastic, your last post makes my point better than i could. It's not perfect,but if you don't have space or the funds for a mini-96 (i don't have either) then this track is an option.
I'll try to get a vid of my(quite bad)driving this week.

Personally i'd rather struggle to get around this narrow track,knowing that it is going to improve my driving and hand/eye co-ordination skills,than use the fatigue mats,which have a LOT less grip levels than rcp.

Hey Kryten,
I was just wondering if you have had a chance to take any videos yet of the dNANO running on the Infinitrax set up that you have?
Dream Killr Racing
Supporter of White Knuckle Racing
Kevin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.23, 03:48 PM   #36
kryten

Send a message via MSN to kryten
I didn't do any i'm afraid. I managed to widen the track by about 25mm,but it was still too narrow. It's a shame really as the track is a lot cheaper than rcp.
kryten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.23, 04:12 PM   #37
Kevin S.

Quote:
I didn't do any i'm afraid. I managed to widen the track by about 25mm,but it was still too narrow. It's a shame really as the track is a lot cheaper than rcp.
So you would not recommend purchasing one? I have a dNANO as well and I was thinking of purchasing this for home use.
Dream Killr Racing
Old 2010.03.23, 10:24 PM   #38
kryten

Send a message via MSN to kryten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin S. View Post
So you would not recommend purchasing one? I have a dNANO as well and I was thinking of purchasing this for home use.
No i would not recommend buying one for the dnano,it's definately too small.
kryten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.24, 08:31 AM   #39
Kevin S.

Quote:
No i would not recommend buying one for the dnano,it's definately too small.
Hey Kryten, thank you so much for all of your valuable input on this race track. I was all ready to purchase this track so I can try and run some laps with my dNANO in the hopes of improving my driving skill. I was looking for something small and easy to set up and break down and I thought that this was the way to go until I received your valuable feedback.
Dream Killr Racing