Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Tracks and GTGs > Mini-ZRacer.com Mini-Z Dojo, Ann Arbor MI

Old 2010.07.15, 08:42 PM   #1
mini-z
Administrator

Lightbulb Maker Faire Detroit (July 31st and August 1st 2010) Coordination Thread

Tiny RC has been accepted as an exhibitor in the 1st Annual Maker Faire Detroit 2010! We only rec'd the info email yesterday, so there's a lot to figure out/coordinate and not much time to do it - and we need all the help we can get! Myself, Mrs. Mini-Z, Derrick and Norman (barring travel schedule conflicts!) are in - who else can we count on? At minimum, we'll be running races w/ demo cars, plus exhibition races w/ our own cars, and hopefully a small pit area where people can play with setup (we're still waiting for confirmation on our space - default is 10x10', but we've asked for 20x30), but we're open to any ideas - I'm thinking it'll turn into somewhat of an RC show-and-tell, w/ all kinds of micro helis and stuff flying around etc. in addition to the main racing action. Post if you're up for it, and any ideas you have etc. - thanks in advance for your help Dojo Members!
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.07.15, 10:10 PM   #2
will3kgt

Sounds interesting I'll try to get that day off.
will3kgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.07.15, 10:22 PM   #3
hobbycar

Everyone, please let me know what day and time you are possible going.

Sounds like fun.

I'll try to work my plans to try and make it.

-hobbycar
hobbycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.07.16, 07:34 AM   #4
rensuchan
Returned to Mini-Z

Send a message via MSN to rensuchan
What's the cost for us to attend? I think I'm free on the 1st.
rensuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.07.16, 09:12 AM   #5
Mrs Mini-Z
Administrator

Hi Guys,
Thanks so much for your interest. We could really use & appreciate your help. The last thing anyone wants is for me to have to try to race a Z, or show someone how to do anything with it other than how to buy it!

I have emailed the Maker people about us getting extra credentials, etc. Hopefully I'll hear back from them today and will have info to send with David to Z's tomorrow (and will post it here to). This is a good opportunity to share the love of the RC, and I knew I could count on you guys to help!

More info as I get it!
Thanks!
Meridith
Mrs Mini-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.07.20, 09:50 AM   #6
Mrs Mini-Z
Administrator

Hi Guys,
I have some more info about the Maker Faire. Not sure if you heard that they thought they might stick us outside (not acceptable for a variety of valid logistical reasons and the 'I don't wanna' reason too). I've been in contact with one of the Maker people, and they are checking with the museum curator today about getting space to move us inside. So, fingers still crossed, it seems like it's a go.

For those of you who are interested in helping out, I have some info:

Maker Faire Show Hours:
Saturday, July 31 - 9:30 am to 8:00 pm
Sunday, August 1 - 9:30 am - 5:00 pm

D and I are planning on pretty much being there the entire time, so any help is appreciated.

We can easily request up to three more Assistants, and if more than three of you can commit to helping out, I can request more too. Their only request is that Assistants plan to help out for 4 hours or more to be official "Assistants". If you would like to come and race/help but can't stay at least 4 hours, let me know and we can get you a special discount ticket. Just to make it clear, we don't want this to cost you anything more than your time and expertise, so which ever way it works, it will be free for you to help us out.

I have to have the Assistants submitted by the 27th (next Tuesday), so if you can post and let me know that you for sure can help, what day and what times I can get you hooked up. So far D has said that Lawrence is planning on coming on Sunday, and Derrick is planning on coming on Saturday. Norman is a maybe based on family plans - is that all correct? Anyone else? Like I said, just need to know by Tuesday, and of course I'll post a reminder.

Thanks guys and let me know any other questions you have!
Meridith
Old 2010.07.20, 01:54 PM   #7
rensuchan
Returned to Mini-Z

Send a message via MSN to rensuchan
I'll be able to come the entire time on Sunday, August 1 as stated

I'll finally get to meet Mrs. Mini-Z too
rensuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.07.21, 08:50 AM   #8
Mrs Mini-Z
Administrator

Friends, Racers, Dojo Members...lend me your transponders! Yes, I did spend all morning coming up with that Anyway, just wondering if any of you would be willing to borrow me your transponders for Maker. We have three including David's. If any of you would be willing to loan them to the cause (and probably for Saline Summerfest too the following weekend since we are supposed to time that event and hand out prizes) that would be awesome. Just let me know and if you can drop them by our house or Riders or I can come pick them up from you. Thank you in advance (again!).

Thanks to Lawrence for volunteering to save us on Sunday - I'm not sure if by then meeting me would be anything to about - I'm likely to be much more or or by then.
Old 2010.07.21, 10:50 AM   #9
hobbycar

We are definitely interested in coming. Still have to iron out family plans for that weekend.

If for some reason we can't make it you can borrow my Giro-Z transpoder (#17).

-hobbycar
Old 2010.07.23, 02:21 PM   #10
Mrs Mini-Z
Administrator

Great news everyone! I just got final confirmation from the Maker people that we ARE inside now (which means for sure we're going) and they managed to keep our space 30x30. Oh come all ye racers!!!

(sorry, but while making all sorts of preparations this week, it was looming in the back of my mind it could be all for nothing if we couldn't get an inside space).

Lawrence is confirmed for Sunday. All other interested parties be sure to let me know by Tuesday so I can coordinate admittance for you guys.

Thanks again everyone!
Meridith
Old 2010.07.23, 05:19 PM   #11
hobbycar

I'll be there Saturday. Probably making a day of it with the whole family

-hobbycar
Old 2010.07.24, 02:09 PM   #12
Hippo
Cars...Like with wheels?

I'll be there on Sat. I have to spend part of the time helping out some guys at another booth, but I'll bring lots of neat driveable and flyable stuff.

Dan
Hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.07.24, 02:36 PM   #13
Mrs Mini-Z
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
I'll be there on Sat. I have to spend part of the time helping out some guys at another booth, but I'll bring lots of neat driveable and flyable stuff.

Dan
Hey Dan that's great! Will you have fair entrance through your other group? Just want to make sure I have my ducks, or Z"s in a row.
Old 2010.07.24, 03:37 PM   #14
Hippo
Cars...Like with wheels?

I'll check with them right now. Hopefully they can get me in on their own. I'll let you know.
Hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.07.26, 01:31 PM   #15
Mrs Mini-Z
Administrator

Hi Guys,
Last call to let me know if you're planning on coming to Maker this weekend, and if you need an Assistant/ticket hook-up. Lawrence and Norman I've already got, so just waiting for Will, Derrick, Carlos, Dan to confirm with me.

If you could please let me know by tomorrow morning (Tuesday) that would be great. Just need to know what day you're coming,and what times you plan on being there. I know it's hard to plan for the weekend on Monday (it seems so far away!), but I appreciate your efforts!
Thanks!
Meridith