Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2015.03.05, 12:22 AM   #16
Felix2010

I love that there will be another 1/27 chassis (Hopefully) to race with all the 1/27 Mini-Z's and Atomic 1/27 AMR's and AMZ's. The 1/24 IDT looked hella cool, and the 1/27 IMT is an awesome piece of technology.

The one thing is, does the 1/10th-scale layout work well as far as weight balance goes? The motor looks like it sticks out a lot..

X-Power should be applauded for taking this new direction in Micro 1/27th and 1/24th racing. There hasn't been this kind of shakeup with Mini-Z and 1/27th scale cars since the days of Color0's brilliant MRCG and the TGR Sinister (R.I.P.)...

Last edited by Felix2010; 2015.03.06 at 02:37 PM.
Felix2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.03.05, 08:32 AM   #17
briankstan

nice looking car, It looks very similar to the current 10th scale TC cars that are on the market right now. I think the design show promise for sure and I'm excited to see where this goes. My only concern is the price, it's borderline 10th scale territory and if most people would choose to spent that kind of money on a larger car.
Old 2015.03.05, 09:00 AM   #18
DMALMAD

The weight balance is kinda off with the motor side being much heavier as they designed it to mainly use the smaller and lighter sensorless motors. They aren't really using sensored in their local home track in HK.

Also the 1/24th and 1/27th share mostly the same parts with the ball diffs, the chassis, two of the suspension hingepin holders, and the belts being the only things changed. Everything else is shared.

Last edited by DMALMAD; 2015.03.05 at 09:02 AM.
DMALMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.03.05, 12:50 PM   #19
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
this really does seem to be a golden period for chassis design. we have more chassis options on the market now than ever before at retail. while the modifier market has significantly dwindled as evident by the drop in overall forum participation, alternative chassis production seems to be creeping upward, mass produced/retail options at that. exciting times for sure. it has the unfortunate happenstance to follow a bad recession that forced may out and many to reevaluate hobby $$'s.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.03.05, 01:11 PM   #20
briankstan

Thats were I'm coming from. I'd love get ones of these in a sensored setup just to mess around with with and run in an open class. Running my VE brushless car the throttle feel and smoothness is really lacking and can really be a limiting factor in driving.

I'll have to see where this goes and decide if it's something I could do or not? for the $600+ you'd be into the car after adding a body is quite and investment and trumps any amount I have in any of my cars by quite a bit.

for those that do have them I'm looking forward to seeing them run and would love to see a size comparison between the IMT with the lexan body and a regular mini-z with the plastic body.

What's the weight on the IMT with body? are most places running these cars staying with the 170g minimum weight or setting different rules specific to these cars?

Last edited by briankstan; 2015.03.05 at 01:14 PM.
briankstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.03.05, 06:19 PM   #21
DMALMAD

IMT is not released yet but the IDT comes with the body and based on the pictures the IMT will use the same body we use for the mrx which is the same size as most asc that are 98mm. Also If you buy the sensorless version and buy the sensored motor seperate the cost is only 490 which is a much more reasonable when you consider thats about what it costs to setup a full option mr-03

We have been running the IDT (1/24th) with the AMZ for a couple of weeks and it seems that the IDT is a bit slower than the AMZ, mainly because it just doesn't rotate well due to it being so much larger. We have been running lexan bodies on the 2wd for some time now and really there is no need to restrict weight because with all the power and weight savings of the lipo we add weight as neccesary to make the car handle properly, and since the cars are already outside any rules there is no need to adhere to the 170g min wieght as that was established based on one or two companys aftermarket parts and race ready weight for their full option cars. To say the least I am very unhappy with the way X-power has gone about releasing their products but hopefully if this issue with the IMT gets resolved than the cars will perform better than anything else out there. But at this time the 2wd mrx is still the fastest 1/27th platform.

Last edited by DMALMAD; 2015.03.05 at 06:25 PM.
Old 2015.03.06, 10:59 AM   #22
CedMan

I'm one of the 'victim' of the IDT. My thoughts was that they are taking advantage of the early supporter, and I don't care what and how other thinks of this, when a company release a product, a product that is non standard in every way when it comes the the peers that you are going to be racing with, motor, chassis, and in the case of IDT, Scale, anyone who bought into this vision is an early supporter and they should not be taken advantage of.

Don't tell me 1/24 is a different class, I haven't seen another chassis in this 1/24 class that I can buy.

Yes, it's emotional, it's because someone spent ****load of money to support a company with innovative product, and yes, I'm pissed off because I feel like they take advantage of it. Come on, my chasiss had bearly arrived and they announced the 1/27 IMT? Too soon, too shady feels like someone had changed the design mid way but already had many 1/24 chassis in production.

Now, today I found out they are releasing a conversion kit for $10 to the early supporter, right thing to do with the company, I am taking back the the swear that I made a few days ago to never buy another XPower product.

Kudos to XPower for doing the right thing, Case closed.
Old 2015.03.06, 11:16 AM   #23
DMALMAD

My feelings exactly
Old 2015.03.06, 01:10 PM   #24
Tammer

Why even be mad at X-power to begin with? I highly doubt any body came to your house and twisted your arm, tipped you upside down and shook your wallet out, grabbed your credit card and made you make the purchase. In the 1:1 car industry new models are released all the time but people dont get bent out of shape with the manufacturer because a new version came out. In short you should not be mad at a company because you made your own decision to purchase the product that they put out.
Tammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.03.06, 01:32 PM   #25
arch2b

its not different from any other product on the market. you have to know as soon as you buy it, your clock is ticking on the next best thing. i bought the iPhone 4, the 4S comes out shortly afterward... i wasn't thrilled but it's the decision one makes in making a purchase. you take you lumps for the decision made and move on. manufacturers are not required to forecast obsolescence nor do many even bother at offering a hint. in the end, it's just buyers remorse. seems silly to attack the manufacturer for expanding the product line without sending you a personal notice that something else was in the pipeline.

good to hear they are offering an olive branch to those that bought into 1/24 early. i'd say that's going above and beyond myself.
Old 2015.03.06, 06:48 PM   #26
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedMan View Post
I'm one of the 'victim' of the IDT. My thoughts was that they are taking advantage of the early supporter, and I don't care what and how other thinks of this, when a company release a product, a product that is non standard in every way when it comes the the peers that you are going to be racing with, motor, chassis, and in the case of IDT, Scale, anyone who bought into this vision is an early supporter and they should not be taken advantage of.

Don't tell me 1/24 is a different class, I haven't seen another chassis in this 1/24 class that I can buy.

Yes, it's emotional, it's because someone spent ****load of money to support a company with innovative product, and yes, I'm pissed off because I feel like they take advantage of it. Come on, my chasiss had bearly arrived and they announced the 1/27 IMT? Too soon, too shady feels like someone had changed the design mid way but already had many 1/24 chassis in production.

Now, today I found out they are releasing a conversion kit for $10 to the early supporter, right thing to do with the company, I am taking back the the swear that I made a few days ago to never buy another XPower product.

Kudos to XPower for doing the right thing, Case closed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMALMAD View Post
My feelings exactly
I find it funny you think that's there's some sinister plot against early buyers of the 1/24 chassis.

Which do you think is more likely:

1. They built a 1/24 version knowing that they would very soon come out with a 1/27 version thereby screwing all those initial purchasers?

2. They built what they thought would be a popular size, read many comments here (and on other forums) disappointment that it wasn't true to miniz scale and resized their initial platform drawings to appease the people who don't want 1/24?

I would tend to believe the second. Since its been pointed out that it uses all the same parts and has a new belt, top deck and chassis base I would hope they realized that a niche product like this needs to have a size comparison / competitor.

Kudos to XPower for offering a conversion kit for cheap to 1/24 buyers. .. it's no skin off their noses that early buyers were too impatient to see what future changes might develop from testing.

I still don't see myself buying one in either 1/24 or 1/27. When someone designs a 1/27 chassis with awd/shaft drive/center spur and a balanced electronic layout I'll start sipping the Kool aid.

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
cowboysir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.03.08, 09:38 AM   #27
CedMan

Of course Apple doesn't release the 4s as soon as someone just received the 4 right? It's a classic case to piss of your supporter, yes it's my decision and all that means is they won't get the money from me next time. Whose lost is that right?

Timing is everything, learn from the big player and you get the loyal following.

Very simple and I already said it emotional yes, it's also my money and I have all the right to be emotional about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
its not different from any other product on the market. you have to know as soon as you buy it, your clock is ticking on the next best thing. i bought the iPhone 4, the 4S comes out shortly afterward... i wasn't thrilled but it's the decision one makes in making a purchase. you take you lumps for the decision made and move on. manufacturers are not required to forecast obsolescence nor do many even bother at offering a hint. in the end, it's just buyers remorse. seems silly to attack the manufacturer for expanding the product line without sending you a personal notice that something else was in the pipeline.

good to hear they are offering an olive branch to those that bought into 1/24 early. i'd say that's going above and beyond myself.
Old 2015.03.08, 09:47 AM   #28
arch2b

ok, i can see these discussions are going no where so lets please refrain from the whole timing issue, which is a bit silly.

again, happy to learn they are giving a less cost pathway for early adopter. let us know how that works out

Last edited by arch2b; 2015.03.08 at 10:59 AM.
Old 2015.03.08, 10:37 AM   #29
CedMan

Lol indeed.

From the quality standpoint, after building the idt and own many AMZ I can say I prefer AMZ. But let's see if the idt perform any better. The electronics are stong.
Old 2015.03.11, 10:18 AM   #30
machgo5go
DJ Eddie!

"Now, today I found out they are releasing a conversion kit for $10 to the early supporter, right thing to do with the company, I am taking back the the swear that I made a few days ago to never buy another XPower product."

MR-03 S2K Narrow AT60T Nihm
MR-03 BRZ Narrow PN70T Nihm
MR-03 Enzo Ferrari GT Concept Xspeed SP2012
MR-03VE 2005 NSXGT AT 12000KV w/Lipo
MR-02 Nissan R390 GT Lemans 39T PN
AMZ Benz TC 8500KV
X Power IDT Ultra 5600KV Audi
X Power IMT Ultra 6800KV M3
MB-010 FT86 Comic Racer 39T PN
MF-015 Mclaren MP4-25 50T w/Lipo PN
MR-01 Mugen NSX-GT 02 X Speed Retired
dNaNo FX-101MM T2 XANAVI NISMO GT-R