Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.06.20, 01:22 PM   #16
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i have more faith in leonen than iwaver if the pattern holds true, leonen's region will get all the good iwavers and we will get all the faulty ones.

leonen, what are your expectations for this new iwaver? i know you have had good experiences with the previous versions so i'm curious as to how well received the new version will be for your region? i don't think we are really too excited here due to our regions quality problems which is a shame.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.06.21, 09:08 AM   #17
leonen
Scuderia Leone Racing

Send a message via MSN to leonen
Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
i have more faith in leonen than iwaver if the pattern holds true, leonen's region will get all the good iwavers and we will get all the faulty ones.

leonen, what are your expectations for this new iwaver? i know you have had good experiences with the previous versions so i'm curious as to how well received the new version will be for your region? i don't think we are really too excited here due to our regions quality problems which is a shame.

Archie, i don't think it's a matter of regions.... I guess it was more a thing about lots. The lot the went to the US was faulty.

Anyway, perhaps they wern't so different after all. I can agree with the comments written in this forum about the slow servo. Yes it's slower than the MR02 or FLP 2.0 models.... but that doesn't make the car undrivable! it's just different. I personally have a IW02 and it's wonderful. I prefer it over the other cars cause it rides very smoothly. it's very lightweight and stable. It has faults, yes. The batteries come off easily on hitting walls or being hit by other cars. The turn radius is so close that you may need to trim it from your controller till you get used to it.

The other item discussed here about speed, well I can tell you that IW motors are slower than Ks.... but I'm riding the IW02 with an iStock motor and it's similar as a K stock. We're gonna test it with an Atomic 130 Stock motor. (any recomendations on fast stock motors ?? )

About the new models..... well they're built by Tomica Toys company, from japan, with very high quality standards. And they also say they replaced the servo. A new FM ESC. A new Controller. So I think that the new models are promising. We need to wait. The new bodies are very nice, I have a couple of Mini's and I can tell you, they're incredible! Perhaps the field of bodies is not so great for racing, but you can always use your autoscale bodies..... or create special series like they're doing in spain: The Ford GT Challenge - where everybody has to use the GT body, or the Mini Cooper series, where everybody races with the Mini bodies... etc.

One thing about the IWaver Mini: it's Big. it has a longer wheelbase than an Enzo!!!!!

Time will tell about the new IW02M. Don't get anxious. It's better to wait a little longer and have a great car than hurry and......

I promise a review as soon as I get one.
Http://www.ScuderiaLeoneRacing com.ar/
leonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.06.21, 10:25 AM   #18
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
Thanks for the info leonon. Where did you get your Mini Cooper? I've seen Iwavers new line up of Mini Coopers and I'd love to get the white one. I too have the Iwaver 02 and I think it's great. I've had no problems with it, other than when I first got it, the battery clips were missing! So T O Y E A S T graciously sent me a set of battery clips free of charge. See pics of my Iwaver 02 with Murcielago body and blue alloy. I'm hunting for the carbon fiber chassis that replaces the lower deck on these Iwaver's. To bad Mini-ZRacer does not sell any. So far, this is the better handling car but I agree it's a tad slow. It could be the way I have it adjusted I don't know. I find this car lighter than the MR02 and easy to work on as well. Let's hope the 02M comes out sooner than later!I plan on purchasing three!

marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.06.22, 09:00 AM   #19
leonen
Scuderia Leone Racing

Send a message via MSN to leonen
Thumbs down

Simply beautiful. I'm running it on a Black Mercedes SLR Autoscale body, but All Stock, no aluminum.

Yesterday I tried to attach an Enzo body. It looks fantastic but everytime I attached the body clips in place the chasis went dead, as if the clips are moving the batteries or else that cuts the power off. I need to look a little deeper into this.

The Mini's are two samples Iwaver sent me some time ago. Here you can see some pics: http://foros.ath.cx/photos/los_autos...egory1040.aspx
Http://www.ScuderiaLeoneRacing com.ar/
leonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.06.22, 09:58 AM   #20
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

The Mini Cooper S is awesome, much better looking than the plane Mini Cooper. I'm glad Iwaver released it and I'm anxious to get a white one myselfe. It would be sweet if they released a three pack Mini Cooper gift set, a red, a blue, and a white. Know what I"m thinking? The Italian Job!
Anyway, I had the same issue with my Iwaver. The chassis would run fine, but as soon as I clipped the body on, it seemed to push the batteries off the terminals just so slightly that it quit working. So, there is some adjustments that they need to do, or that we need to do. Your lucky to get these samples, still waiting for theme to be available here. Also trying to find the carbon fiber chassis plate for it. Anybody know where I can get one?
Old 2006.06.22, 10:36 AM   #21
NismoRocks

Send a message via AIM to NismoRocks
i think they need to get some original austin mini cooper colors like mustard yellow forrest green and navy blue i would totally buy those
mini lst: never working

http://mini-zracer com/mini-zgallery...00&ppuser=7456
NismoRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.06.22, 10:58 AM   #22
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Why not get Kyosho's white body set of the Mini Cooper and paint it yourselfe?
Old 2006.06.22, 04:42 PM   #23
NismoRocks

thats what i intend to do but i want an airbrush before i use blank bodies so i can custom mix that will be great lol

Old 2006.06.23, 12:40 AM   #24
neweraz84

Thats a nice chassis and body you got there marc - im looking toward to buying one these iwavers too. i recently sold most of my mini collection, if this chassis turns out good, i just might have to get one with a sweet body
neweraz84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.06.23, 04:39 PM   #25
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Thankyou neweraz. I like it myselfe. Aside from the AWD chassis, the Iwaver is my favorite 2wd chassis out there. It feels lighter than the Mini-Z, and I find it's suspension to be smoother. I don't know if anybody else heard about this, but the new 02M will feature a fiberglass chassis plate instead of the plastic one that the current 02 has. I'm still trying to find the Iwaver 02 carbon fiber chassis plate. Hobby Lobby used to offer it, but it's been discontinued. T O Y E A S T told me that when the 02M is available, that they will offer the aluminum and carbon fiber as well. Iwaver's website mentions that the fiberglass chassis will be more flexible than the plastic. We'll see when it comes out.
Old 2006.06.23, 06:54 PM   #26
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Hello, this is the carbon fiber chassis that I am looking for, for my Iwaver 02.

Can we get these in the shop please???? We can still use theme and the other upgrades for the new 02M. However, I need it for my 02.
Old 2006.06.25, 03:04 PM   #27
Roketmini
The C is Missing.

Send a message via AIM to Roketmini
I've said it once, I'll say it agian: I WANT A MINI COOPER-S!!!
Old 2006.06.25, 03:42 PM   #28
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Oh yea, I want a real Mini Cooper S!!!! A white one with white roof and carbon fiber hood and inch-up wheels and custom exaust! Yea! THat's what I want!
Old 2006.06.25, 04:51 PM   #29
NismoRocks

ive got to ask is the 02m better than a mr02 in your opinion? is it the same in handling or below or above the mr02?

Old 2006.06.25, 08:13 PM   #30
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

The 02M is not available yet, so none of us know it's quality. However, I am very happy with my 02. My 02 has the same chassis, but the 02M will have a new electronics package that is supposed to be better. Plus, it'll have a fiberglass chassis plate, instead of the plastic plate. Keep an eye out for it!