Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2007.03.01, 10:21 PM   #16
svt-racer

I like it. I would be up for this. I would try to package an aftermarket receiver and ESC. Say spectrum mini receiver and a small footprint ESC. That would be off the hook!
svt-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.03.03, 12:57 PM   #17
color01

Thanks. Production is still a ways off on the calendar, so lots of time to get your stuff ready, lol...

Now, I have a question for everyone: what if I made the car MM? I'm working the CAD file at the moment; it seems possible, using a shortened MM mount (Atomic 94MM, PN Racing ML) to build a 98MM car out of this chassis. The main chassis has to be slightly redesigned, and a few new parts made to adapt an MM mount and make an MM tri-shock disk damper. The battery tray is shortened by about 8mm (still fits AAA though), and electronics space decreases by about the same amount. So, would you guys rather see:

1) An MM chassis, with RM conversion kit sold separately,
2) an RM chassis, with MM conversion kit sold separately, or
3) parts for both configurations in one kit (price will go up a bit)?

I imagine MM is the more popular option, but I do not want to make uneducated guesses. Thanks in advance!

Greyscale RC

PN Racing | My TinyRC Blog

Last edited by color01; 2007.03.03 at 01:03 PM.
color01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.03.04, 01:43 AM   #18
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
I would think that that since there are many more RM bodies available for Mini-Z than there are MM, that an RM chassis with MM conversion may be better.

Which would make the better racer, an MM chassis with an RM conversion or an RM chassis with the MM conversion. I assume that the MM chassis would be better than the RM converted to MM as well as the RM chassis would be better than the MM converted to RM. I would want the design that offers the most performance in both categories.

Battery space is important as well for balancing the car, so you have more room to adjust, which leads me to believe that an RM car with MM conversion may be better than MM car with RM conversion...

Its hard to get the complete image without seeing it So this is just some generalized theory to chew on
Old 2007.03.04, 11:15 AM   #19
mini-z
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by color01
That would be great! But I don't think it should be added till the product actually exists.

Mini-Z: I have emailed you from the profile link, so please check and tell me what you think. Thank you so much for the offer!
Thanks color01, I did get it and will get back to you - just been a hectic week - thanks!
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.03.04, 01:06 PM   #20
color01

EMU, that's what I think too, but it's established that I'm not a very orthodox thinker, lol... Unfortunately I don't have the money to do so much stuff at once anyways, so I'll stick to my original goals of producing an RM open-class racer, and will be developing that chassis only.

Thanks Mini-Z.

Greyscale RC

Old 2007.03.04, 01:08 PM   #21
byebye

Next thing this car needs is a 94mm pan car body. How about a chassis kit "race ready" for $199.99?

-Byebye
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.03.04, 02:14 PM   #22
cdog4w

Quote:
Originally Posted by byebye
Next thing this car needs is a 94mm pan car body. How about a chassis kit "race ready" for $199.99?

-Byebye
Over at greyscale we were talking about this stuff and were thinking mini-z could put together a package of parts to make it a roller that you could buy along with the kit. Maybe have some pulldowns to select which motor mount/brand of knuckles etc. that would adjust the price accordingly. So those who have spares just buy the kit, those who want a roller buy the kit + the accessory package. Very similar to what rc flight sites do in packaging electronics.
cdog4w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.03.09, 06:08 PM   #23
color01

Another question: in the interests of saving costs and not having to CA-glue chassis edges, would you guys be interested in a G10 chassis material instead of carbon fiber? G10 is almost 7x cheaper and if the last sheet I got is indicative, just as flat as proper CF. I'm personally all for it, but some people may mind the lack of bling, so let me know. Thanks!

Greyscale RC

Old 2007.03.09, 06:10 PM   #24
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i believe the pro-z was also offered in this as well? the shop sells g-10 h plates and i've always liked those.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.03.09, 06:17 PM   #25
color01

Not the V6 and later Pro-Z's. Anyhow, I'm looking for a G10 supplier who can machine the stuff to good tolerances as well, so I'll update you guys when I find one who's willing to commit.

Greyscale RC

Old 2007.03.10, 12:49 AM   #26
byebye

I'm cool with what ever. I'll give feedback after I get it

-Byebye
Old 2007.03.10, 07:44 AM   #27
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
if the g-10 significatnly reduces cost while maintaining the same performance of carbon fiber than go for it.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.03.10, 06:04 PM   #28
color01

At this small a scale, the weight matters more than stiffness. G10 is a little bit heavier than CF... nevertheless, it has its own benefits that I outlined earlier. I have contacted all the companies that have the materials and services I require, so let's hope for the best.

Greyscale RC

Old 2007.03.21, 08:59 PM   #29
color01

Hi everyone,

One last update on this chassis for now. Because junior year's treating me so terribly, I've decided to hold back the chassis until the summer.

However, I'm going to make it well worth waiting for. I've found a local machinist willing to do me a huge favor, and also decided to stick with G10 fiberglass as the chassis material. As a result, the final price of the chassis is now $75, leaving you with more cash to build your 1/28 open-class racer.

Get ready for it.

Greyscale RC

Last edited by color01; 2007.03.22 at 12:48 PM.
Old 2007.03.22, 01:53 AM   #30
byebye

NICE!!!!!! Can't wait

-Byebye