Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.04.05, 08:49 PM   #76
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

I ordered from Egr. I hope these Atomic parts are like there normal high quality. The first dog bones were NOT!!

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.04.05, 10:30 PM   #77
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
TopCad diffs are 3.5g. I will add the weight of the other diffs when they come in.

Stock diff is 1.6g alone, and 2.2g with ATM outdrives (which are not used with ball diffs).

Last edited by EMU; 2006.04.05 at 10:34 PM.
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.04.07, 09:52 PM   #78
Limeaway
MA-010 Owner

Send a message via AIM to Limeaway
Atomic now has Alloy Knuckles, 0*-4*(No half degrees). EGR has them in stock.
Limeaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.04.08, 07:28 AM   #79
HaCo
02-Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU
TopCad diffs are 3.5g. I will add the weight of the other diffs when they come in.

Stock diff is 1.6g alone, and 2.2g with ATM outdrives (which are not used with ball diffs).
Thanks EMU!
HaCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.04.11, 08:50 PM   #80
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

Atomic product update

Just a quick update on there new awd releases.
1. alum pinions - havent use them yet but seem to be nicely made. And if you have trouble with pinions comming off, they have allen screws to tighten on.
2. titanium dog bones - real nice quality. After there initial sloppy dog bones, these seem to fit perfect.
3. adjustable diff - very nice piece. Fit perfect in my chassis. No play no slop. Ran it a couple of minutes. Didnt do any adjustments from factory setting yet,but ran good and felt smoother. Once i know how i want to adjust front and back it should be very good.

Old 2006.04.11, 10:54 PM   #81
EMU
EMUracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfisminiz
1. alum pinions - havent use them yet but seem to be nicely made. And if you have trouble with pinions comming off, they have allen screws to tighten on.
2. titanium dog bones - real nice quality. After there initial sloppy dog bones, these seem to fit perfect.
3. adjustable diff - very nice piece. Fit perfect in my chassis. No play no slop. Ran it a couple of minutes. Didnt do any adjustments from factory setting yet,but ran good and felt smoother. Once i know how i want to adjust front and back it should be very good.
Glad to hear that the dogbones are a good fit. I ordered a set of them with 3 of the Atomic Ball diffs. I mainly like the fact that they can be adjusted without disassembling the car.
Old 2006.04.12, 03:41 AM   #82
damian

Hey I saw that Atomic has ad AWD Ceramic Full Ball Bearing Set, but what bennefits has ceramic to other ball bearings?
damian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.04.12, 09:49 AM   #83
HaCo
02-Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfisminiz
Thanks dude for this inimini review
Could you tell me how much the alum pinions weight? I would like to make a motor testing device and need a load to put on the axle...
HaCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.04.12, 12:10 PM   #84
cvctiger

Cermic Bearings benefits

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian
Hey I saw that Atomic has ad AWD Ceramic Full Ball Bearing Set, but what bennefits has ceramic to other ball bearings?
Advantage is smoother than regular bearings therefore more efficient and the ceramic balls supposedly are perfectly round compared to regular ones.
cvctiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.04.12, 12:56 PM   #85
EMU
EMUracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU

Atomic Ball diff is 2.9g. Just got mine in and was surprised to see that the majority of it is plastic.. Feels very smooth and easily adjustable.

Kyosho one way is 5.3g.

I will be getting the 3Racing one way and ball diffs when they come out as well just to test (one way will go to MagicMan).
Old 2006.04.12, 01:47 PM   #86
shuter

[QUOTE=EMU]I will weigh my diffs when I get them... I have 3 Atomic ball diffs coming, 2 TopCad ball diffs, and a Kyosho front one way.[/QUO

I would like An Atomic ball differential like the one in the picture above. Did you find that for sale somewhere? I just tried to Google EGRacing and could not find the site.
shuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.04.12, 02:04 PM   #87
EMU
EMUracing

I ordered mine at RC Mart, but they look to be out of stock as the item is not listed anymore.

EGRracing: http://www.egrracing.com/mart/produc...roducts_id=863
Old 2006.04.12, 05:37 PM   #88
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

HaCo

Would like to give weight of pinions but i dont have anything to measure in that small of amounts...sorry.

Old 2006.04.12, 06:51 PM   #89
Limeaway
MA-010 Owner

Send a message via AIM to Limeaway
For people that didn't know, Atomic also has a ball diff gear option. The option gear is a 26 tooth, and the set comes with another gear, called a space gear, which is a 28 tooth. I'm not sure if they do the same thing or not, from the pics though, they look the same, just a different tooth number.
Limeaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.04.13, 01:49 AM   #90
damian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvctiger
Advantage is smoother than regular bearings therefore more efficient and the ceramic balls supposedly are perfectly round compared to regular ones.
Do you think when comparing the price, caramic $60 and standard atomic $12 is it worth the money?
damian is offline   Reply With Quote