Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.11.24, 09:24 PM   #1
Action B
The Galliant Dude

Action B the new 7 cities FET guy?

Maybe...maybe not. I ordered 25 fairchild 8858 MOSFETs today. I'm going to do mine first. If all goes well I will do them for all the club's cars. I've been practicing. I will be trying my first board when they arrive this week. I will keep you posted.

Concerned about sending off your precious Mini-Z? Don't be!
Action B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.27, 04:08 PM   #2
Action B
The Galliant Dude

Okay, I removed the 3010 FETs from my MA-010 and soldered a 2x2 stack of 8858s. Difference is hardly noticeable with the Hfay motor, but then again i'm testing on a slick surface so any more punch would be translated into a burnout, which my car did before.

Of course i'll do anyone elses FETs now.. if you trust me lol.

Last edited by Action B; 2008.11.27 at 06:01 PM.
Old 2008.11.28, 01:12 AM   #3
Action B
The Galliant Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action B View Post
Okay, I removed the 3010 FETs from my MA-010 and soldered a 2x2 stack of 8858s. Difference is hardly noticeable with the Hfay motor, but then again i'm testing on a slick surface so any more punch would be translated into a burnout, which my car did before.

Of course i'll do anyone elses FETs now.. if you trust me lol.
Wow, Action B. Let me tell you that IS cool. Its nice that you keep this club posted about your findings.

Its really fantastic the dedication you put forward to learn how to do FETs so that you could do the entire clubs cars and help us be more competitive. Your officially the ROOKIE OF THE YEAR! Not only for our club but for the entire site of mini-zracer.com. You REALLY are the Galiant dude!

Old 2008.11.28, 02:12 AM   #4
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
nice follow up
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.28, 09:04 AM   #5
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Haha B! You made my morning with that one

Its cool you got your FET job to work. I tried soldering on a spider turbo (which should be easier) and lifted a FET pad, so I envy you for actually finishing the job and getting it to work properly.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.28, 11:10 AM   #6
Action B
The Galliant Dude

What is a spider turbo?

Thanks man, I practiced on several dead boards before trying mine. I'm really happy it went so smoothly. I used byebye's video tutorial as a guide. The removal technique is awesome. I do the side to side action on the FET legs a little slower but same deal. I've done the FET job about 5 times on the same spare board and not lifted a pad yet with that technique. I don't even know what lifting a pad would look like lol.

I'm going to see if i can make it to your race or not. Its kinda tight im preparing right now for my flight back to virginia beach from texas.

Thanks for posting guys I was feeling bummed because I get so pumped when I do something new and my club hasn't been posting so much lately.

Old 2008.11.30, 09:57 AM   #7
a7i20ci7y
Bull in a china shop

Send a message via AIM to a7i20ci7y
Sorry, AB, I've had a bad month for doing much of anything, including checking forums.

I would be happy to compensate you for a little hot work on my Z
a7i20ci7y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.03, 12:51 AM   #8
Action B
The Galliant Dude

Well Nate, I'm preparing to head back to virginia beach again. My great grandmas funeral went well and things are hopefully returning to normal for me. I'd like to resume mexican fiesta day next tuesday and race an upcoming saturday for some practice. Also, I'd like to return to sleeping in my girlfriends bed asap. I'm not used to being away from Maya for so long. Its really hard for me to be away from her.

I'd be happy to do your boards nate. I don't need any compensation though. Actually, I think its Maya and I that owe YOU 30 bucks . I'm applying to some jobs in N.C.. Apparently there is a ton of bio jobs there. If i end up moving there I can still travel to VA beach to race and visit as it would only be about an hour and a half away or so. We shall see how this pans out.

As of right now my mini-z is broken. The front knuckle holder I glued broke off sometime in texas. I have the atomic aluminum replacement on the way. It should already be in the mail from rckennon. Hopefully I can get this baby running soon. Also, there is a certain prank we must be catching up on.. right Nate

Old 2008.12.03, 09:40 AM   #9
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Brandon,
What did you find down here? Let me know if I can help out. See you around X-mas. Or should I say see Maya. You can tag along if you want.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.03, 12:34 PM   #10
a7i20ci7y
Bull in a china shop

Send a message via AIM to a7i20ci7y
Quote:
Originally Posted by mleemor60 View Post
brandon,
see you around x-mas. Or should i say see maya. You can tag along if you want.
roflcopters
a7i20ci7y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.03, 03:00 PM   #11
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action B View Post
What is a spider turbo?

I'm going to see if i can make it to your race or not. Its kinda tight im preparing right now for my flight back to virginia beach from texas.
A Spider is a remote turbo. Its not like the capacitors people try and sell for xmods. It actually replaces the FETs. Its basically a jumper cable that runs from the FET legs to a remote board that has high grade FETs, then directly to the motor.

http://www.ausmicro.com/forum/showthread.php?p=226989

I wish some of you guys could have made it down for the race. I know its a bust time of year for every one, so I understand. We had a great time though! Maybe next time scheduling will be more condusive for you to make it. Im trying to get something together for spring, so Ill keep you posted.

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2008.12.04, 12:16 AM   #12
Action B
The Galliant Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdrvr View Post
A Spider is a remote turbo. Its not like the capacitors people try and sell for xmods. It actually replaces the FETs. Its basically a jumper cable that runs from the FET legs to a remote board that has high grade FETs, then directly to the motor.

http://www.ausmicro.com/forum/showthread.php?p=226989

I wish some of you guys could have made it down for the race. I know its a bust time of year for every one, so I understand. We had a great time though! Maybe next time scheduling will be more condusive for you to make it. Im trying to get something together for spring, so Ill keep you posted.
My great grandmother passed away the day before your race. Otherwise, I probably could have made it.

Old 2008.12.04, 08:44 AM   #13
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Im sorry to hear about your G'Ma. There will be other races, so we will get to race again soon, Im sure.

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2008.12.04, 06:07 PM   #14
Action B
The Galliant Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdrvr View Post
Im sorry to hear about your G'Ma. There will be other races, so we will get to race again soon, Im sure.
Not a big deal really, since she was 99 years old we really couldn't have expected her to be with us for that much longer. It wasn't a sad event for me, I went to show my respect. She was a wonderful woman.

Old 2008.12.09, 11:05 PM   #15
Action B
The Galliant Dude

Second FET job a great success. Now the dirtymex (maya) has a 2x2 stack of 8858. Anyone remember her asleep under the table at nekocon? lol