Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2004.09.02, 03:29 PM   #16
TNB
Pet Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimey
Aha! d(oh)
I'd like to request some step by step pics of the conversion, actually. I'm interested in some of the specifics of kit to chassis mounting and body mounting....for some personal projects.
There are some step-by-step photos in Gallery TNB.
Old 2004.09.02, 03:37 PM   #17
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
thanks paul... got them changed
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.09.02, 03:39 PM   #18
arch2b

just so you don't have to go back to the 1st page...

CP Raceway Cup Car
Old 2004.09.03, 07:55 AM   #19
Twenty-Se7en
Rockin Da Z

Send a message via MSN to Twenty-Se7en
Gotta love Hammers Home Depot car... that's amazing work... simple yet stylish... cleanest looking CP i've seen I think... although i'm loving the silver that you chose for yours arch... shaping up real well... are you planning anything for the wheels?
Twenty-Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.09.03, 07:58 AM   #20
arch2b

for the time being i have a set of silver alloy oz wheels until the gpm nascar stlye wheels arrive i have been told they have been ordered...

thanks, btw. i wanted something different... i know there will be a ton of black cars
Old 2004.09.03, 08:19 AM   #21
Twenty-Se7en
Rockin Da Z

Send a message via MSN to Twenty-Se7en
Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
for the time being i have a set of silver alloy oz wheels until the gpm nascar stlye wheels arrive i have been told they have been ordered...

thanks, btw. i wanted something different... i know there will be a ton of black cars
yeah, seems like every second one is black... I didn't quite expect that at first... when watching nascar it isn't that way... oh well... hopefully we'll see some variety in the cars soon... maybe you'll start a trend
Twenty-Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.09.03, 08:34 AM   #22
StandonIt

Send a message via AIM to StandonIt
So what is my car? Chopped liver? LOL It is not a Chevy, nor BLACK!

Just pulling your Chain!

Have a good day, mine will be preparing my house for hurricane Frances, even tho am on West side of Fla. we will still get up to 70 miles wind if it cuts thru the state.

Fun, and I gave up Earthquakes for this!
StandonIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.09.03, 08:38 AM   #23
arch2b

i don't think i'll start a trend as stand's and paul's cup cars are very disticntive. you got to love the wheeties, that took some skill one color is one thing but to do that requires some real talent. love the dodge btw
Old 2004.09.03, 08:47 AM   #24
StandonIt

Yes I agree, That Wheaties car looks great, mine was just a down and dirty, what can I do quck! LOL! But I love doing concourse style of work, so am planing on getting another body and doing something more involved as a paint scheme

Oh Arch are you guys going to carry the car in the shop here?

What about a body that would be GTP? with this chassis conversion it would sell like hotcakes when the rest of the MiniZ world finds out about it
Old 2004.09.03, 09:00 AM   #25
arch2b

carrying the cup car in the shop is being looked into right now cp isn't really keen on the idea though. it's their product so it's their decision we just wnat to assure cp that they are welcome here

the shop is also looking into other body styles as well there are many 1/24 bodies out there, it's just a matter of seeing what works and what doesn't. any experience in the matter would be appreciated however this isn't the right place for that discussion
Old 2004.09.03, 09:21 AM   #26
PAULANGELO
Mini -Z Mutilator

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
i don't think i'll start a trend as stand's and paul's cup cars are very disticntive. you got to love the wheeties, that took some skill one color is one thing but to do that requires some real talent. love the dodge btw
Actually, it was a lot easier that I thought it would be. Did it in one day. I was out sick on Tuesday (broncontis sp?) and started this "project" that morning. While at the doctors I let the Blue color (3 coats) dry. Got home and took off the tape that I used to mask off the hood. Then painted the orange. again used 3 light coats (the orange is the worst smelling paint I have ever used!!) Let it dry and then took all the masking off, trimed the bottom and wheel wells and then put on the decals. Thanks for the comments though . Helps make it more worth while .

I have another idea on a car I want to paint. Unfortunetly the site that Arch posted has not returned any of my emails yet. I need some custom work done!

The early bird gets the worm, But it's the second mouse that gets the cheese!
PAULANGELO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.09.03, 09:28 AM   #27
arch2b

hmm... i emailed the amigo's twice in one day and got replies from both the same day.... i emailed the guy on the top of the list though....
Old 2004.09.03, 09:45 AM   #28
PAULANGELO
Mini -Z Mutilator

I emailed him and then the 2nd one. Oh well. I'll try again.

The early bird gets the worm, But it's the second mouse that gets the cheese!
PAULANGELO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.09.03, 09:51 AM   #29
arch2b

here is who i emailed
sam01contact@yahoo.com

Quote:
We don't have those 2 sheets available, but If you want, I can do them for you as a custom order. I charge $20 for the artwork, and after that, you would have to pay for have the files printed. A friend of mine (Les) can do it for you, and I bet he would give you a good price.
(printing is listed at $15 somewhere on the site) it's more than the $8.50 cp charges flro slixx decals but when you want that personal custom touch, you have to pay the price none of my custom bodies were cheap but all are well worth it when they are done
Old 2004.09.03, 09:53 AM   #30
StandonIt

As to bodies, I put a 4 and 1/2 inch Nas truck over the chassis, and it just Fits with no overhang in the rear as the CP body does. I then put an 1/18th scale Mini T body completely over the CP stock car body and chassis. So finding Bodies will be a challenge. I am going out to Ca next week so will hit up some of my sources there and see what I can come up with. I am also going to contact Rick Jordan who was the driving force behind the Bolink bodies. So maybe we can get diff bodies for the CP chassis, like Nas trucks too!