Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Events > Nekocon

Old 2006.11.03, 06:42 PM   #16
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
ok, packed up as much track as i could fit into my truck. still trying to find space for my cars....

i'm shooting for a 9am arrival. mapquest says 3 hours so i'll leave at 5am just incase.

i'll call you when i get there for unloading directions, etc.

fyi, i'll be sort of tired. i have a bad cold coming off a crazy short week at work and long travel back from vacation. not feeling my best but i'll be there regardless.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.11.03, 08:29 PM   #17
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Starting to pack now.

Don't kill yourself. I am sure if you leave around 7 you'll be fine. I guess you have my number but I'll email it to you anyway.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.11.04, 08:39 AM   #18
imxlr8ed

Wish I could make it, but ever since the journey to the PN Worlds, my tranny has been jumping around, slipping gears a little and I don't want to push it. Good luck !

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.11.06, 11:00 AM   #19
briankstan

how did everything go? did you have a big crowd?
Old 2006.11.06, 01:32 PM   #20
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

It was a great venue and I think everyone really enjoyed themselves.

Some of the costumes were outrageous.

As a mini-z venue I think this would make a great regional GTG and/or regional race. There is plenty of space and it's really a fun convention for when you aren't racing. I wish I had taken more pictures and I wish I had more time to see some of the "Con" events.

I would definitely encourage anyone within driving distance to come out next year and I think I will try to make an entire weekend out of it.

More info to come...
Old 2006.11.06, 03:48 PM   #21
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Like I said, I wish I had more pictures...but here's my recap.

http://128racing.blogspot.com/2006/1...con-recap.html
Old 2006.11.06, 03:49 PM   #22
arch2b

i agree with spoon. it was a very entertaining event. if you like anime, you got the best of both worlds.

i had never been to an anime convention before so i had no idea what to expect either. i consider myself an anime fan as i watch many lesser known titles (to cartoon watchers anyway) like last exile, blood+, initial d, coybow bebop, etc. (see long running anime thread). i quickly learned that i am an anime novice at best however. we have all meet the hard core rc racer, now image that energy focused on anime.... not a real clear indication but you get the jist of it.

the space was HUGE. the neko con staff were extremly hospitable. the event attendee's were by and large very freindly people. $3 for a sprite was robbery from the concessions but that was run by the building people, not the neko staff.

i only that next year we can get the word out early enough with all the details to get a real event going. a race with all the neko con events would make for an very fun weekend.
Old 2006.11.06, 04:34 PM   #23
bnwhtlw
i heart oversteer

Send a message via AIM to bnwhtlw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon
Like I said, I wish I had more pictures...but here's my recap.

http://128racing.blogspot.com/2006/1...con-recap.html
I think Im glad you didnt post a pic of the track, cuz I wouldve been more dissapoiinted that I didnt make it out. My old lady had to call into work so I couldve totally come. I was pissed to say the least.

Anyway...next time I guess.
bnwhtlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.11.06, 04:36 PM   #24
imxlr8ed

I was really thinking about it Sunday morning... looking at the fresh Dexron/Mercron pouring into my case, wondering if she would hold out for another 500 mile round trip... how I would explain to my GF that I just went for a drive and got lost for the whole day... or better yet, explain how the car finally broke down and I was nowhere near a pay phone...

I'm definitely on the list for next year though !!!

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Old 2006.11.06, 11:00 PM   #25
a7i20ci7y
Bull in a china shop

Send a message via AIM to a7i20ci7y
I had a blast guys, and I can't thank you enough for coming down. I wish you could have stayed for the staff dinner sunday night. That's when you actually get to talk to the other staffers and there's no one running around like a chicken with their head cut off, screaming "no, they can't move a couch from the hall way onto the stage!"

I put a post on the Neko public forums asking for feed back from the attendees ( http://forums.nekocon.com/viewtopic.php?p=17033#17033 )

Spoon and Arch were both fantastic and answered all of my noobish questions about the Helios (I have serious controller envy!) and they hooked me up with a new differential and rear tires, too. I got a lot of practice in, which I desperately needed and a big dose of humility as they blew past me time and again Hope your wife had a good time, Spoon. Tell her I said thank you for coming down.
a7i20ci7y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.11.07, 10:07 AM   #26
a7i20ci7y
Bull in a china shop

Arch schooling me in MiniZ-foo.

Old 2006.11.07, 11:24 AM   #27
arch2b

fyi, i am driving the yellow car

is there a neko gallery i can copy pictures from to post? you can dump them in your member gallery here if you wish as well. i also forgot to get a picture of hall b. did you happen to see any?
Old 2006.11.07, 11:35 AM   #28
a7i20ci7y
Bull in a china shop

There isn't an official gallery that I know of. I just use my photobucket account. Chris has a bunch more pictures that I haven't seen yet. You can see the cucumber eiffel tower in the background in that picture. lol
Old 2006.11.07, 05:43 PM   #29
imxlr8ed

Well... guess I made the right decision into not pushing it with the RC Gods (by going to 2 out of state events within one week)... My car died last night with a great bucking motion and a big whine of errant RPMs. If I go by mileage... that would have put me just above the DC region if I would have attempted to make the trip. (wonder what it would've cost to tow from there ? )

Now I have to figure out if it is the intelligent move to install a $1200 tranny into a car I only paid $1500 for...

I wish Kyosho would make full scale cars !

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)

Last edited by imxlr8ed; 2006.11.07 at 05:46 PM.