Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2009.10.15, 02:31 PM   #46
a7i20ci7y
Bull in a china shop

Send a message via AIM to a7i20ci7y
Soundwave has a collection of various MR01 and MR015s and I can probably slap together a functioning MA010. Talk to Mike about his stuff this weekend.
a7i20ci7y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.15, 02:46 PM   #47
dirtymex

Quote:
Originally Posted by a7i20ci7y View Post
Soundwave has a collection of various MR01 and MR015s and I can probably slap together a functioning MA010. Talk to Mike about his stuff this weekend.
Already contacted him. He'd rather not run his stuff because he intends on selling off much of it.
dirtymex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.19, 12:17 PM   #48
imxlr8ed

Ok... I'm planning to head down there early Saturday morning. What time do doors open up there? I'm pretty sure I'll have some room in my car for some track... I could just bring a bunch of expansion tiles and maybe some wide inside turns if needed.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.19, 12:52 PM   #49
a7i20ci7y
Bull in a china shop

Send a message via AIM to a7i20ci7y
Pretty sure the doors open at 8am.
a7i20ci7y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.19, 02:58 PM   #50
dirtymex

Quote:
Originally Posted by imxlr8ed View Post
Ok... I'm planning to head down there early Saturday morning. What time do doors open up there? I'm pretty sure I'll have some room in my car for some track... I could just bring a bunch of expansion tiles and maybe some wide inside turns if needed.
I'm preparing to finalize the track schedule. For you and others, would it be better for a saturday event or a sat/sun event? I'm considering a single day because it allows for racers to only have to buy a single day membership which is cheaper, and allows commuters to come without having to worry about lodging. However, two days of racing is nice too if there is enough willing participants. Lets get some feedback so I can finalize this schedule!

Right now were thinking:
1. ASC class - no major body modification (96mm wheel shaving permitted etc)
2. Pan car
3. F1 class

Let me know what you guys want to run, if there is more interest in a stock/mod asc class then pan or F1 then I could always adjust the lineup. I'm looking to finalize this soon though.

Last edited by dirtymex; 2009.10.19 at 03:05 PM.
Old 2009.10.19, 04:24 PM   #51
imxlr8ed

I'd prefer 2 days... no point in driving that distance for just one day of racing. (IMO anyways).

As far as the classes go... Pan Car last year was just an assimilation of the Mod class so I would just call it Mod and allow Pan Car bodies. Stock is always better with the 70turns... I say we stick with that for this event, closer racing will always draw more spectators! F1 is always good with me!

For the spectators... a lighted drift class will attract interest 4 sure. Just a fun race really.

Oh yeah... can't wait to fly the MCX there again!

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Old 2009.10.19, 05:13 PM   #52
Action B
The Galliant Dude

Quote:
I'd prefer 2 days... no point in driving that distance for just one day of racing. (IMO anyways).

As far as the classes go... Pan Car last year was just an assimilation of the Mod class so I would just call it Mod and allow Pan Car bodies. Stock is always better with the 70turns... I say we stick with that for this event, closer racing will always draw more spectators! F1 is always good with me!

For the spectators... a lighted drift class will attract interest 4 sure. Just a fun race really.

Oh yeah... can't wait to fly the MCX there again!
Alright, we certainly don't want to disappoint. Perhaps we could have one main day of racing (saturday) then setup sunday as an optional day. Great idea with the classes too. Were always open to suggestions. If we can get enough track were looking at having the pro track open fri-sunday exclusively to pros with a dedicated small track for AMs.
We could have a serious race day on saturday and then a lighted drift expo on sunday. I could even get a small panel of judges to rate the drifters style. That or we could just spread the events over Saturday and Sunday like last year with prizes given out on sunday after the final races.

Oh, yeah, and i'll be there this year with my own Eflite MCX. I purchased one after I saw yours

Concerned about sending off your precious Mini-Z? Don't be!
Action B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.19, 05:14 PM   #53
VAzRACER
Team Reflex

I'm cool with two days too. I also have to agree with Ed, just call it mod class and allow any body and keep stock using a 70t. Will F1 use a 70t too?
VAzRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.19, 05:18 PM   #54
VAzRACER
Team Reflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action B View Post
Alright, we certainly don't want to disappoint. Perhaps we could have one main day of racing (saturday) then setup sunday as an optional day. Great idea with the classes too. Were always open to suggestions. If we can get enough track were looking at having the pro track open fri-sunday exclusively to pros with a dedicated small track for AMs.
We could have a serious race day on saturday and then a lighted drift expo on sunday. I could even get a small panel of judges to rate the drifters style. That or we could just spread the events over Saturday and Sunday like last year with prizes given out on sunday after the final races.

Oh, yeah, and i'll be there this year with my own Eflite MCX. I purchased one after I saw yours
I think you should keep the racing going both days, maybe 2 heats Saturday and 1 heat and mains on Sunday knida like the PN events. This should leave plenty of time to fit drifting in too.
Old 2009.10.19, 08:30 PM   #55
dirtymex

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAzRACER View Post
I think you should keep the racing going both days, maybe 2 heats Saturday and 1 heat and mains on Sunday knida like the PN events. This should leave plenty of time to fit drifting in too.
Yeah, we've decided to go with the original 2 day event as you have specified. Thanks for your input and we will have a track layout and schedule up in the next two days.

We've decided on the following events

ASC stock class (70 turn motor)
Modified - open class (pan bodies allowed)
F-1

Post up what you want to race in! Post up what your going to use to race!
Old 2009.10.20, 09:30 AM   #56
imxlr8ed

We could race without racing... might be fun to help coach new drivers through a race. Each Stock class will be required to "hire" a willing spectator as a driver, and try to coach them through one stock race... say, 20 laps? We could do this at the conclusion of each full set of heats. Just be sure to throw a beater body on your car and let them have at it!

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Old 2009.10.20, 10:03 AM   #57
Skv012a

Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via MSN to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a
Quote:
We could race without racing... might be fun to help coach new drivers through a race. Each Stock class will be required to "hire" a willing spectator as a driver, and try to coach them through one stock race... say, 20 laps? We could do this at the conclusion of each full set of heats. Just be sure to throw a beater body on your car and let them have at it!
Good idea, and this is from personal experience, until you get used to driving these any technical advises are sorta pointless because you simply can't keep up with that. When I was just starting if anyone told me whats the best racing line I wouldn't be able to keep it, so I'd say we should do several pre-race basics lessons and then see how newbies do.
Old 2009.10.22, 08:37 PM   #58
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i don't have space for any 50cm tiles but i will being my realtracks and my mini-96 with expansion pack. that will be good for am use anyway.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.23, 10:05 AM   #59
dirtymex

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
i don't have space for any 50cm tiles but i will being my realtracks and my mini-96 with expansion pack. that will be good for am use anyway.
There is a good chance that we have 3 wide Ls to borrow from some other members of the DC club. Space seems to be the issue so we've offered to pick them up before the race and return them after.
Old 2009.10.30, 11:58 AM   #60
VAzRACER
Team Reflex

Are there any other hotels in the area, the one in the 1st post is all booked up.

Edit:found one right down the street.

Last edited by VAzRACER; 2009.10.30 at 12:11 PM.