Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2004.04.19, 10:18 PM   #1
BigMA
FULL METAL JACKET

Pro z Pocket Knife

Hey mini z, drac, or arch I am looking to purchase the pocket knife and I am a liitle un - clear on a couple of things.

does the kit offered in the shop have everything needed excluding the batteries of coarse you know like the screws, battery electrodes,damper??

I have seen a couple of pictures and cannot tell if I should be soldering the batteries together or what? can I use my stock batteries or again will I have to make batteries? hey i know this is probably redundant but i'm confused.

I think you're offering up a pretty nice sale on the kit I will be cleared for take - off once this can be nailled down.

Please advise
and thanx in advance.

Lock And Load Baby...
BigMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.04.20, 07:47 AM   #2
El Tigre

I have owned 4 of these and currently have 3 running Pro-Z's including the carpet knife, one I sold. You will need an ESC/Receiver board from a Stock Mini-Z, the servo from the same Mini-Z, Steering knuckles, springs, rear pod and motor, front body mount. As far a battery goes you will need to solder the battery terminals together, which is not tough if you have a soldering iron and a little know how. Send me your batteries and I will solder them together for nuthin'. The batteries will need to be rechargeable and you will need to install battery connectors to the stock Mini-z board. Heck, send me it all and I will assemble it for you. I love these cars, the new colored carbon is supreme, and you cant be the handling and range of tweak you can make to them.
El Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.04.20, 06:11 PM   #3
BigMA
FULL METAL JACKET

Sweet I am just down the road a piece in Worcester MA. I have those energizer joints in the car. And yes I do have a soldering gun and minimal skillies,Do the bateries get married up in a series with one of those plug in type recharge ports?

Lock And Load Baby...
BigMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.04.20, 09:04 PM   #4
ND4SPD

think that someone could point to a review of the pro-z... I'm contemplating buying it but am unsure if it is quite worth the dollars for my interest in the hobby.

btw, sorry for hijacking the thread
Old 2004.04.21, 10:24 AM   #5
El Tigre

Do a search or check out the Pro-Z thread in the New Products thread. What do you want to know? Ask away, I'm sure someone or myself could your questions. I have 3 and have raced them for a year now.
Old 2004.04.22, 12:31 AM   #6
herman

eltigre...

where'd you get yours and how long did it take for you to get it?
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.08.25, 09:20 AM   #7
gasman1

Send a message via AIM to gasman1
Charging batteries

how do you go about charging these packs?

I currently use a 30 minute charger to charge my batteries, which is easy and cost effective. What equiptment would I need and how do I go about it?
gasman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.08.27, 04:28 AM   #8
acoresmix

charger RX-TX for NIMH ?

Hello, I have a Pro-Z and I'm building my batteries pack.
Can someone please tell me if I can use a RX - TX charger (the one used to charge the receiver of a 1/8) to charge a pack of four AAA NIMH batteries?

Thanks,

Eduardo from Portugal.
acoresmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.08.30, 07:54 AM   #9
El Tigre

Just make sure the voltage output of the charger is not more than than the output of the pack. Also, you do not want to charge the pack at much more than 1 amp. I know people who charge them at 2 amps but they will get hot and that aint cool. Do you have a local RadioShack? If so, they have lots of chargers that will do the job. You may have to break down and buy a quality RC charger that will do receiver packs.