Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2001.11.06, 04:28 AM   #1
Fredrik

Servo steering..

I'm having trouble with the steering, the servo doesn't steer back correctly so the car will continue to steer a little in the same direction as the last curve.. Anyone else had this problem?
Old 2001.11.06, 08:45 AM   #2
Russ
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Russ
Do you have the metal servo gears, or any metal parts at all in your steering? If you do, that's your problem and you will just have to wear smooth places in the metal. If not, I'd pull the steering apart and clean any of the places where plastic slides on plastic (amrs & tie-rod), or plastic slides on metal (arms & kingpins). One more thing, pull apart your servo and take out your servo gears (remember where they go). Mine had some rough edges that kept the servo from operating smoothly, see if yours do too, if they do, take some light sand paper, and smooth the edges down. Not around the top where the gears mesh to gether, but around the sides of the teeth.

That's all I can think of right now, hope it helps.

Russ
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2001.11.06, 09:19 AM   #3
Fredrik

Thanks for the answer.. All my servo gears are original kyosho plastic.. I have tried to clean everthing regarding the servo/steering but without any result. I previously used the Audi TT body, and the front wheels take a lot of direct hits with that body and the original servo-gears broke all the time. I probably changed them about 5-6 times before i bought a porsche-body.. It can be that the servo has gotten one to many hits..

/Fredrik
Old 2001.11.07, 06:15 PM   #4
HKS117
Ole Fart

Send a message via AIM to HKS117
I would try soldering a capacitor in between the motor wires and see what happens...It helped the servo problems I was having with my car.
HKS117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2001.11.08, 01:12 AM   #5
bilwon

HKS117:

What was the capacity of that capacitor?
Old 2001.11.08, 07:07 AM   #6
HKS117
Ole Fart

I'll get back to you on that
Old 2001.11.10, 10:12 AM   #7
HKS117
Ole Fart

I can't find the package to tell you what size but I used the small blue ones sold by Trinity.
Old 2001.11.12, 04:55 AM   #8
herman

steering adjustment

have you tried adjusting the steering trim? if that doesn't work, set the steering trim to center, unscrew the steering wheel of your controller, then with a very thin screwdriver insert it into the hole where the screw holds the wheel, there is a slot which you can turn and center the wheels. Another solution would be to open your mini-z so that you will see the circuit board there will be a small dial which you can adjust to center the wheels, it's in the picture encircled with the words "this"

hope this helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg circuit - steering adjustment.jpg (11.6 KB, 79 views)
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2001.11.12, 09:29 AM   #9
Kinesthesia
Inertial Drifter

Just repeating what I read in another thread... Capacitor size is 104.

This must be a really old trick, I was digging through my old R/C box from 10 years ago and all my motors have the same caps soldered the same way....

I plan to rob one today and solder onto my Z
Old 2001.11.12, 10:56 AM   #10
HKS117
Ole Fart

I think the capacitor does wonders.My Mini was had a horrible twitch and it helped that and seemed to make the engine a little smoother,maybe just my imagination.
Old 2001.11.15, 11:16 PM   #11
Ken Mifune
2-Z or not 2-Z...

Centering steering

If you're centering the steering on the Mini-Z circuit board you don't have to take off the cover. There is an access hole in the cover under the label. Press around on the label for the hole. Trim the label away with an x-acto blade or just remove the whole thing.
Ken Mifune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2001.11.16, 09:25 AM   #12
bilwon

Twitch of mine just didn't cured with the mini cap
Just trying other methods...
Old 2002.02.16, 08:37 AM   #13
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
Recently while messing with my servo, I reasembled it, and while slowly turning from Right to Left (or was it the other way around? hehe).. it would stop half way there... it got realy bad, I thought it was due to the paper that I stuck in the servo case to snug up the Potentiometer, however now that the servo gear teeth snapped off only a day or so later, I now believe it was the servo gears teeth conflicting with the adjacent counter spinning servo gears teeth... I think one was on the virge of stripping, it sorta looked squished before it broke off.. so it was probly the geers. likely a bad gear mold cuz its the 2nd set that I had that striped with not so hard use... I am tempted to send just the gear sets into Kyosho for repair/replacement to see what happens

Any way, a new set of gears works perfectly in my car now... I am starting to think we have more to worry about with them then just stripping .